Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on off road gear.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Blind1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HouseDad, I’m so impressed with your term paper on recovery items, but it really only deserves an A-. It has already has been pointed out that you forgot the liquor, but you forgot to include matches, explosives, and firearms & ammo. What the use to have a fire extinguisher if you can’t start a fire, or a first day kit, if you can’t accidently shoot your little toe, and so on……

I thought I was the Mr Gizmo until I read your post. I’m applying for a home equality loan on line, so I can acquire half of the self-recovery items you have listed. I believe you have put some serious deliberation into your OP, & it’s good thing you have a Excursion to carrier all of these items. I don’t believe you will have to worry about those Zombies once you acquire those firearms, though.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry, about not mentioning Protection. It seems so second nature to me...

But I think it will answer your concern about firearms when I tell you that for 15 years I owned and operated a full time full service Gunsmithing shop called The Gunsmith, Inc. in Souther NJ.

Trust me. I got it covered. Real well.

And hey, I was a Eagle Scout in Valley Forge Council in the early 70's. I ALWAYS have matches!

I guess being the Eagle was why I forgot the booze.....

Old 02-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Blind1
Junior User
I just knew you were an Eagle Scout when I read your OP, but I myself only made it to 1st class (whatever they call it), and believe me it took me forever to graduate from Tenderfoot, to 2nd to 1st.

I do have a lot of respect for those who stuck it out and made Eagle scout. I believe the Boy Scouts prepared you well. I'm assuming you have a web site for Gunsmithing business to share. (I'll Google it in a few minutes).

Now you know these boys play rough on "4x4 & Offroad" folder so don't let them ruin you. I always lurk this folder when I need a good laugh and to see what Politically Incorrect statement they will come up with next. PC is not part of their vocabulary.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:39 PM
alpha/omega
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
speaking of protection....

condoms!....you never know when skankorella, nympo of the woods, might lift her skirt. "Mud makes me horny!"

Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Blind1
Junior User
Originally Posted by alpha/omega
speaking of protection....

condoms!....you never know when skankorella, nympo of the woods, might lift her skirt. "Mud makes me horny!"

See what I mean! That was good, and kinda SICK!

Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
2classics
Elder User
Originally Posted by alpha/omega
you never know when skankorella, nympo of the woods, might lift her skirt.
new quote for the sig.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
I closed the business in 2002. The Local dimwit zoning officer and zoning board would not sign the letter for my FFL renewal. They made it clear that they thought only police should have guns or work on them. Jerks. I have a ton of money tied up in tools and equipment. Too expensive to get a new location. I was using property owned by My Mother (family Homestead type thing). There isn't enough money in Smithing to pay for commercial property. Funny thing is they ignored the Chief of police and the previous Chief who both asked to allow me to continue working as I was their armorer.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 PM
AirSmitty
Senior User
We used to have a v10 excursion and tow our 26 foot toy hauler full of quads with it. it had a fabtech 5.5 inch lift and 315s. We pretty much only took it to the sand dunes, no muddy trails or anything. Eventually the trailer got it's own lift kit (SOA Swap) so bigger tires could be run on the trailer and for ground clearance. The wider tires help a lot on the trailer, Like pulling a plow through dirt vs. a pulling a sled. I've seen a couple guys that run the same wheels and a smaller version of their truck's tires on the trailer. Dang rich kids! lol. We would just air down to around 15 or so and had no problems moving that thing. Looks like you've got it pretty well covered though!