Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

n ky

Old 02-14-2010, 06:50 PM
ky79
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n ky

Im glad to see there are a few people in or near northern ky. I there is a meet any time soon i would love to meet up with some of the members on here. I also hope everyone gets through this next storm coming up. Stay safe and keep warm.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Burlington, Ky. You're right in Ryans (Rywegh) back yard, or maybe his front yard. He's from over that way. No planned get together at the moment. Had to cancel one for last saturday because of the threat of snow. It was actually going to be a multi-state get together. Some guys from Tennessee were coming up, and a few from Ohio were going down. Like I said though, we had to cancel it. Check into the Ky Chapter pretty regularly. Never know what might just pop up. There's also guys around here that might be able to help you out. That's what it's all about.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:52 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I aint up that way anymore but I am always willing to help out. It is only about 45 minutes from me so if you need something let me know.What kinda rig you got. Hey John any word on a reschedule of that meet? One of the guys on the idi forum is from Batavia ohio and said he may be interested in going to it as well.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 PM
ky79
Senior User
Grant co is my old stomping ground. I was born and raised there. I lived in crittenden until about 10 years ago when I got married and moved up here. I really do miss it out there and wish I could get down that way more often. I have alot of family in grant county. Maybe some of us could do a local gtg as soon as this crappy weather goes away. Oh and my ride is a newly purchased 79 f100 with a 302 and c4 trans. I havnt been able to get pics to work right yet but I very well could be my computer is crap lol. Well I hope to meet some of you guys soon, until then take care and keep on keepin on.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:23 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Well then you might know where I am at. I live on lemmon northcutt rd. Maybe when the weather clears up we could get some guys together at the grant county park in crittenden. It is nice down here, a lot slower than up that way. I lived out on 18 just past vice lane for awhile then over at pettersburg before we bought this place. Ther are alot more trees up that way but it is still nicer down this way lol.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 PM
ky79
Senior User
Your right it is nicer out that way. The get together sounds great maybe we can do a cookout or something like that. Is your truck factory diesel or did you do a swap. I my self would love to do a diesel in a 78-79 bronco but I need to finish this first. It's not ready to drive yet but just needs a good tune up and repair the drivers floor pan. Shoud be up and driving in the next week or so.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:41 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ky79
Is your truck factory diesel or did you do a swap.
That's a good question! Buck can fill you in on that.

As for any re-schedule for the meet in London, no news yet. I believe they are waiting for the weather to clear up so there is no chance of any snow canceling another. I heard we could have bad weather well into March.

I like the idea of a meet in Crittenden.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
They never built a diesel Bronco. I decided that I was gonna build the truck they should have and bought an 86 donor F250. I swapped everything including the axles about a year ago. It was a driveway swap and took me a little over a month to do but ecpect for the c6 trannies I love this truck. I am currently on tranny number 4 in that same time. I plan to do a manual swap to a t-19 this year. When it gets warmer we will have to plan a gtg down this way or up that way you know I am game for it lol.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM
ky79
Senior User
Thats cool, i would love to do a project like that with a 78-79 bronco. I remember seeing a bronco a few years back that had been stretched to a four door. The guy called it an old school expadition lol. My plans for my truck are to swap out the c4 for a newer aod just for milage and repaint the truck in the near future. just looking to make a good looking dd. I may put a larger cam and 4bbl carb on later on but not for the time being. I really cant wait to start driving this thing and give it a new personality.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
I personally don't like the aod or e4od. The aod needs that stupid tv cable hook up and I don't think they hold up as well as a c6 does. The e4od has to have a computer to make it work and it also leaves something to be desired in the durability area. I am sure that some one will disagree with these statements but to each his own right? In my case even the c6 has not worked out. I have put 4 of them in my rig in the last year and have always prefered manual trannies myself. You could always do it up with a zf5.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:17 PM
ky79
Senior User
I have been thinking of a 5speed swap but would like my wife to be able to drive it if need be (I know im crazy for letting my wife drive my truck lol) but in past expeiriences the aod has worked pretty good for me.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Well do the zf5 and teach her to drive a stick lol. With the hydraulic clutch it is alot easier to shift. My baby will not even start mine let alone drive it. She only likes my frankenstine in weather like this lol.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
ky79
Senior User
I completely understand lol. The problem i have is my wife loves trucks almost as much as i do except for a stick. I tried teaching her to drive her dads toyota with very bad results. Lets just say a clutch got replaced and no more lessons ever happend after that lol.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
LOL! well mine can drive a stick but will not drive my beast.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
ky79
Senior User
It might be cheeper for me to buy her a truck of her own lol.

Search this Thread