Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Senior User

Paco_Jones is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think she knows!

I was at a car lot today looking at a truck and when I got out to go look at it, my truck door at my finger!

Gonna lose the nail, need to go find me a drill bit and put me a hole in it. It throbs something fierce!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
yep your truck knows. just like a friend of mine was admiring a Chebby and then when he went home to start up his F100 it wouldnt start. lol. it knew.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Senior User

LOL, she's got an attitude lately! I've been driving her easy too!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Posting Guru

torkum is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can feel the pain So Paco what were you looking at?

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Senior User

I'm finally getting around to drilling that hole.. lol It was a 91 4x4 F-150 Lariat, reg. cab SWB. This thing had to have been an old mans truck. The interior is MINT, not a crack or worn spot anywhere. Not a dent anywhere in the body other than a small quarter size ding towards the top of the tailgate. It's a 300, auto with overdrive, auto hubs but it has the shifter in the floor. Only 146,000 miles too. I've been undernieth it and it is clean and I havent found the first spot of rust anywhere.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Senior User

Ok, they are out of their ever-loving minds... Got ahold of the lot and they want 5800 for it. That's twice what it books for retail. It's a reeeally nice truck but I'm not paying that for it lol
Old 02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
Man, a smashed finger AND a poke in the eye.....
Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Senior User

KDPate is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco_Jones View Post
Ok, they are out of their ever-loving minds... Got ahold of the lot and they want 5800 for it. That's twice what it books for retail. It's a reeeally nice truck but I'm not paying that for it lol

Did the give a reason for why tey wanted that much? Even little lots like that know what they are booking for unless he got shafted when he bought it.....

1989 Ford BroncoII - project Beer-chest.....

Old 02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Senior User

They guy said it belonged to a friend of his and he was just letting him put it on his lot. I"m not sure why he wants so much for it, he needs to go look the blue book up on it. That's more than what my truck books for. lol
Old 02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
all lots are like that. if ya offer them blue book value in cash. they'll take it. general rule is whatever the down payment is. typically thats what a carlot gave for it.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 02-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
BS, those lots know how to clean one up so it appears to be a one owner, it doesn't mean a thing, why would you want an older truck, are you out of your mind? I would be I-6 granny gear all the way, that is a work truck, the auto in those days is junk, friend of mine has a 95 E-150 I-6 C-6 trans with 350,000 miles or more now, connected to the right transmission, last forever.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Posting Guru

torkum is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco_Jones View Post
They guy said it belonged to a friend of his and he was just letting him put it on his lot. I"m not sure why he wants so much for it, he needs to go look the blue book up on it. That's more than what my truck books for. lol
Oh ok, the guy that owns the truck gets 3000 and the guy that owns the lot gets 2800 or 2500 when he knocks off 300 just for you

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maples01 View Post
BS, those lots know how to clean one up so it appears to be a one owner, it doesn't mean a thing, why would you want an older truck, are you out of your mind? I would be I-6 granny gear all the way, that is a work truck, the auto in those days is junk, friend of mine has a 95 E-150 I-6 C-6 trans with 350,000 miles or more now, connected to the right transmission, last forever.
In all honesty, I want to get out form under a loan. If I can get a reliable old truck and 1500 or 2000 to boot for mine I will jump at it. An older truck doesn't scare me in the least and I'm not about to go get something new. As soon as this is paid off, Paco won't have anymore truck payments. If I can't afford to pay for it in cash I don't need it!

I would love to find an early 90's f-150 4x4, reg. cab swb with a 300/5 speed combo in it.

I'll tell you this truck was CLEAN! The body was perfect, doors lined up and shut very EASY, the fenders and bed lined up and had even gaps and I checked all of the wheel wells and couldn't find a spec or rust anywhere in the normal places these things are known for rust. I looked all over the interior and couldn't find absolutely ANY flaws. For a 19 year old truck to be in that good of shape, it's been taken care of! I went over it with a fine tooth comb and you can tell it has been taken care of and hasn't been beat on or ragged out.

Quote:
Oh ok, the guy that owns the truck gets 3000 and the guy that owns the lot gets 2800 or 2500 when he knocks off 300 just for you
Pretty much! LOL
Old 02-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Post Fiend

jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
Seems like someone was a bit Jealous I thought you might have been looking at a Chebby or a honda Ridgeline to get that kind of damage
Pete's Custom Filter Covers Riffraff Diesel Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
Kinda tough to embrace the dark side when your an electrician.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Senior User

LOL I would hate to see what she would have done if I was looking at such filth! I'd probably be in a full body cast! hahahaha
Old 02-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter