Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Freshman User

rhc43 is starting off with a positive reputation.
'07 EB Rattling Front Passenger Seat

Just checking with others to see if they have had any issues with their manual front passenger seat rattling. In my '07 it has become extremely noticeable over the past couple of months. The last time I took it in to the dealer they said it was "normal."

I'm pretty sure I have narrowed it down to the front and rear seat bottom adjust lever/bar being loose. I can duplicate the noise just by banging on the seat but if I push down on that bar and bang the seat I get no noise.

Anyone else have or had this "NORMAL" noise?

Needless to say I'll be going to a different dealer for the next visit before the 36k/36mo warranty runs out soon.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:28 AM
New User

XFML is starting off with a positive reputation.
My old '09 Limited did that too. You can see how much the headrest moves laterally when driving as well as punching the seat on its side. No rattle when someone sits on it, though. It was a power passenger seat, though.

I felt a "rocking" sensation on my driver's seat front to back when driving as well. My guess is that the power seats are still not solid. My old '98 EB Explorer did that pretty badly, had it fixed by a TSB under warranty, but it still rocks some. But as long I have the power seats not raised up, it was fine.

It doesn't hurt to ask the other dealer about this.

I tried the power seats in other brands and they were solid as they should be...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
These types of problems are best fixed on your own.

Have someone or yourself bang on the chair as you look under the seat with a flashlight. Locate the source of the rattle. It could be the spring attached to the bar that is lifted to adjust the seat. Once you find the two metal/plastic surfaces that are causing the noise, put tape, felt, anything you can use to insulate the materials so they don't rattle.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Junior User

kennisonxgs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine has the exact same rattling you're describing, except that I have to pull up the bar to unlatch for the rattle to stop. Didn't take it in because I have the worst luck getting noises addressed at several dealers around here, and it may be a waste of my time to bring it in. Would be good to know if yours gets fixed.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Freshman User

rhc43 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Took my Expy to another dealership a couple of weeks ago, two days before the 36 month warranty ran out. They confirmed the seat rattle issue and ordered a new seat track under warranty. I took it back in about a week later and now all is well.

Also during the oil change being done during the first visit the battery tested weak. They replaced it for free under warranty
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2008, explorer, ford, forum, front, lincoln, mkx, noisy, passenger, rattle, rattling, seat, truck