Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Hello Michigan!

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I'm pretty new to FTE and even newer to owning a Superduty Regular Cab & Chassis Dually Cube Truck that I plan on converting into a custom flatbed with an additional sleeper cab for the dog and sports or hunting equipment. It should be a blast!
I am located up here in Traverse City, the home of Tourism! Which is great since I love the outdoors.
I have worked in the car business for the last 12 years, but got lucky almost a year ago and escaped! I was in sales and management, so I can still answer most questions pertaining to the biz or vehicles in general. I love most things automotive.
Now I'm a low-voltage service technician dealing with fire alarms, chemical suppression systems and burglar alarms. I've got a lot to learn, but I love what I do!
I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you and hopefully I can contribute too.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Posting Guru

TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.
Glad to see you got over here. We will have to get together sometime. Either at the show or up north somewhere.
Andrew - 2002 F250 SD CC 5.4L, 8" Lift, 38" Tires, 5.38 gears, Detroit TrueTrac Locker, Edge Evolution CS Programer, Avic Z140BH DVD/NAV/SAT, Roof and Bumper Light bars with 12 150 Watt lights, 2 outdoor speakers, Custom F650 Dash Mod, headers to true 3" duals ....Blah Blah Blah 7.3L Swap Build Thread
2000 F350 7.3L DONOR
2003 Excursion Limited 6.0L Stock
Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Sounds good. Not sure if I will be able to make it to the show yet. I'm in mackinaw city now, headed to cedarville, then the Soo. Rough roads for sure! When I get a chance I will look at my schedule.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
Good To meet you,

Born and raised in Traverse City??

I had a lot of family in that area a while back. Had family that lived on Elk Lake, and Torch lake. Had Family in the Traverse City Police department up to about 10 years ago I think, she has retired.

My Wife and I head up there at least once a year to do the whole Wine tasting thing, I sometimes run through Elk Rapids for a look, The town looks the same, but 31 sure has changed.

I will be up there sometime this spring, we are bringing my Grandmother up for burial next to her Mother.. Love that area, but now, wow, has it changed.

Anyhow, Nice to meet You!!

My name is Pat, i have not purchased a firearm in 2
day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Posting Guru

TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.TheBigBee has a great reputation on FTE.
Pat i didnt knowthat you knew the area. We have a place on birch lake in elk rapids my boat is in the elk rapids marina.
Andrew - 2002 F250 SD CC 5.4L, 8" Lift, 38" Tires, 5.38 gears, Detroit TrueTrac Locker, Edge Evolution CS Programer, Avic Z140BH DVD/NAV/SAT, Roof and Bumper Light bars with 12 150 Watt lights, 2 outdoor speakers, Custom F650 Dash Mod, headers to true 3" duals ....Blah Blah Blah 7.3L Swap Build Thread
2000 F350 7.3L DONOR
Old 02-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
My Mothers side is all from that area, My Uncle Charlie had built two house on Elk Lake, between Birch Rd and Carlin Hwy.

The house My mother lived in was the School house on Carlin rd and Indian Rd. My Aunt Ruth lived in a Shack between Carlin Rd and Quarter line. The last time I was there, I was suprised it was still standing. My Cousin had lived accross the street from there in one of the two Mobile homes, she had just passed about 2 years ago.

The only two left up there that I know of is My Uncle Charlie, who lives on the other side of Torch lake, and my cousin Dorthy, she is still living in Traverse City, she was the officer.

day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post
Pat i didnt knowthat you knew the area. We have a place on birch lake in elk rapids my boat is in the elk rapids marina.
So what side is your place on??

Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Posting Guru

west side of the lake on timberlake drive almost to the end of the road
2000 F350 7.3L DONOR
Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Post Fiend

I remember when I was growing up, we would head all over that area, it amazed me the 1 room homes the indians were living in, I took Sheryl through the area, and alot of those one bedroom homes were still there, with nice houses sitting back a couple feet from the original.

Or being there for the Cherry picking seasons, and all of the mexicans that came up for the harvest..Just a very cool area when I was a kid. When I was like 10 years old, I watched the fire department burn down the house my Great Grandpa built, never had me tthe guy, but it was still sad. My Great Uncles and Great Grandfather had made their own brick for the home.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Posting Guru

Just got out of jail......for work. I will post more when I get home, should be about 3 hours.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another truck View Post
Good To meet you,

Born and raised in Traverse City??

I had a lot of family in that area a while back. Had family that lived on Elk Lake, and Torch lake. Had Family in the Traverse City Police department up to about 10 years ago I think, she has retired.

My Wife and I head up there at least once a year to do the whole Wine tasting thing, I sometimes run through Elk Rapids for a look, The town looks the same, but 31 sure has changed.

I will be up there sometime this spring, we are bringing my Grandmother up for burial next to her Mother.. Love that area, but now, wow, has it changed.

Anyhow, Nice to meet You!!
thanks Pat! I was born at Munson(Traverse City), but raised in Mesick. I know tons of people from living in the area and working in the car biz or playing softball. By the way, I lived at 14 mile and Ryan for a little bit. Worked at M59 and Hall Rd. Went to school at CMU too. Had a close friend who lived on the south side of Birch Lake in ER too. You name it, I have probably know someone or been there at one point! Hey Talyn, I was in Clare a couple weeks ago for a fire alarm inspection at the hospital. Met a sheep farmer and bought some farm fresh eggs from him, you know him? Can't remember his name right off?
2014 Escape Titanium Ecoboost 2.0crappyMPG!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Post Fiend

So when did you work at m-59 and hall. Which station? I used to live up the street from the Sunoco, long ago, This is just a guess, but you did mean M 53 and Hall, right??

Old 02-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Posting Guru

No station. Worked next to sports authority at Fireplace & Spa back in '95. First real job in sales. Youth, those were the days. Last time I was down there, all the stores have since changed. You are right on M53, its been a while!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart View Post
No station. Worked next to sports authority at Fireplace & Spa back in '95. First real job in sales. Youth, those were the days. Last time I was down there, all the stores have since changed. You are right on M53, its been a while!
Nahh, you cant take the excues, people do it all the time...Just when they say M-53, it means expressway, they say VanDyke.. anyhow..

Never been in that store. Drive by it about twice a month ( Sams Club) but never been in there.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Posting Guru

Yeah, I went to that sam's club last summer when they had the power outage. Everything looked different from what I remembered.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 AM