Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2010+ Ford SVT F150 Raptor
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Freshman User

haagsportief is starting off with a positive reputation.
trade in the f250 ??

What to do??
Just saw pics and the specs of the raptor, wow. All I think now is to trade in my F250 HD and get me a new raptor, with the 6.2 l engine. Just a feeling that there is more power available for towing. On the other hand,
it concerns me am little to go back from a supercrew to a crewcab. And in my believe the box is shorter as well. Gass or Diesel for the towing part. Aahhhhh, what to choose. do and don'ts.
I am driving it every day, with the wife and my little boy. Yes for work I have to tow. (speedboat, mobile climbing wall and a mobile home when going on vacation) and yes sometimes I drive it on the beach.

Asking here for a little feedback, so give your opinion what you should do. Go for the F250 Harley Davidson ore go wild and order a loaded Raptor.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Junior User

nugent_crai is starting off with a positive reputation.
damn, funny, im in the same boat! Its such a wierd, totally opposite side of the spectrum type of question... but I am asking the same one! HELP!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Freshman User

haagsportief is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks to me there are more members who can't make a dissision. We are just asking for an opinion, so please write down what you should do and why.....
Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Senior User

mrford60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i was thinking the same thing, i dont tow all that often any more, but still have to take 4 adults on vacation, i am thinking about waiting to see if they come out with a supercrew version, anyone interested in a lo mileage king ranch 6.0?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Junior User

nugent_crai is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrford60 View Post
i was thinking the same thing, i dont tow all that often any more, but still have to take 4 adults on vacation, i am thinking about waiting to see if they come out with a supercrew version, anyone interested in a lo mileage king ranch 6.0?

haha how much are you asking for it?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Senior User

$29,500 43k miles
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Since I would have such a hard time making up my mind between the 2 (which is not even close to an apples/apples comparison), the solution would have to be keep the 250 and buy a raptor anyway.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Senior User

i woud have to win the lottery to do that, it would be nice to have both
Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Post Fiend

jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
For the money you put into a raptor you could put the same but better suspension under your truck
Pete's Custom Filter Covers Riffraff Diesel Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
Kinda tough to embrace the dark side when your an electrician.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
and it wouldnt have those goofy splash graphics
Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Senior User

Huck BB62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not even

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecker88 View Post
For the money you put into a raptor you could put the same but better suspension under your truck
I don't think you'd be as happy with the results by a long shot.

For you that have crews and need crews, I love my Raptor, but it's no crew cab.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Post Fiend

jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
The Raptor is in my opinion just a way for some people to look cool. Just like people with SDs with 44in tires and 12 inches of lift. Looks cool but is a highway queen not used for that they are meant for I know I couldn't take a 50K truck out and beat it to death, thats why we have RZRs .
Pete's Custom Filter Covers Riffraff Diesel Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
Kinda tough to embrace the dark side when your an electrician.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Senior User

Huck BB62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I dunno.

I've do both. I know many others who play with their Raptor offroad. Head on over to FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Forums and Owners Club! - F150 SVT Raptor! and you'll quickly find out how much of a misconception you have.

I had mine out there the week after I bought it, floggin' it like my four wheeler and it takes it just fine. The truck is the genuine article. It's the best factory offroad flyer every built.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Senior User

I would love to come up and play in your part of the country, Huck bb62. it looks like fun
Old 02-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS Residential View Post
and it wouldnt have those goofy splash graphics
I humbly take that statement back. Visited the Chicago Auto Show yesterday and the Raptor is even badder in person including the graphics. I want one, bad. If my 4runners' resale value hadn't tanked a few large over the last month I probably would have bought one last night.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2010+ Ford SVT F150 Raptor

Tags
2010, 62, 62l, f250, ford, ordering, raptor, times, trade, trading, truck, trucks, wheeler