6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

F***IN AIR FILTER

Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 PM
DEERSHOOTER
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F***IN AIR FILTER

i was reading what u guys were already saying about the air filters gettin full of snow well i DO have a winter front and i dont just live up north i live up north in canada EH! so ya we get lotsa snow and i have the winter front on all winter and this will be the 3rd air filter im puttin on this winter and some of you guys were wrong that vent on the side aint just for show thats where the snow is gettin in 1000% so if u guys figure out any trick let me know

thanks

Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
superdutysquirrel
Junior User
thats what i had said, pull the filter and have a friend put there hand in the filter canister. look through the vents in the side of the fender and you can see there hand. i have been taking my filter out when it stops up with snow and placing it on top off a heat vent in my house to thaw out and dry over night. cheaper than a new filter every time it snows. that is the only air intake besides the small tube that pulls warm air off the motor coming into my truck....

Old 02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
DEERSHOOTER
Junior User
there has to be something we can do cuz i cand even drive out to my fishin shack with it but i do anyways there aint no way ill ride in my freinds chevy or dodge out there lol

Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Jakeman68
Senior User
There is a TSB for a revised intake hose gasket for the filter box as well. You need that, an updated filter restriction gauge (depending on build date) as well as the winter front to keep the snow out. It is TSB # 10-2-2. If you live in a cold weather state (in the USA) you can get this done for free if still under factory warranty. I am not sure about Canada though. The TSB has a part # 9C3Z-9C664-A for the gasket (thats what they call the piece that goes on the end of the hose).

Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
superdutysquirrel
Junior User
what we need is some way to open the air intake from the engine compartment and close the fresh air intake frome the fender grill on the side during snowy conditions...

Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
DEERSHOOTER
Junior User
ok but that dont fix the fact that there is a huge vent on the side of the fender that is letting in hand fulls of snow its wide open go take a look apperently some guys are drilling some holes in the air box so it takes more are from under the hood than that vent ??

Old 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Jakeman68
Senior User
Yes, I understand what you are saying but the part # I gave you puts a deflector type gasket on that part of the intake. The only air that part of the intake gets from the fender is the rubber hose on the top of the airbox.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
DEERSHOOTER
Junior User
Originally Posted by superdutysquirrel
what we need is some way to open the air intake from the engine compartment and close the fresh air intake frome the fender grill on the side during snowy conditions...

theres a plan but how and why would i pay for this i paid lotsa of money to have a working truck not a fixer uper

Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM
superdutysquirrel
Junior User
thats what i said,what we need is some way to open the air intake from the engine compartment and close the fresh air intake frome the fender grill on the side during snowy conditions... i dont have the solution, just the same problem as you. 3 major snow storms here in VA and all 3 times my filter has stopped up and froze solid. heater vent in the house has become my new best friend in the snow..

Old 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Jakeman68
Senior User
If you read my original post, it may be paid for if the truck is still UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY. I would recommend calling your local dealership. Sometimes they can do a goodwill type repair if you are past your warranty period. I just don't know what coverage is on a Canadian Vehicle.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
DEERSHOOTER
Junior User
Originally Posted by Jakeman68
If you read my original post, it may be paid for if the truck is still UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY. I would recommend calling your local dealership. Sometimes they can do a goodwill type repair if you are past your warranty period. I just don't know what coverage is on a Canadian Vehicle.

i asked my dealer (service MG) he said theres no fixes for it just keep puttin filters in it and i dont kno what they cost down there but up here they are $150 from ford $100 after market

Old 02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Jakeman68
Senior User
Well he should be able to look it up by the TSB # I gave you. They are about $76.87 for a factory one down here in Washington State at the dealership I work at.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:28 PM
koboss1
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
superdutysquirrel,jakeman 68, and deershooter... im giving you guys reps for this thread.. i got the same problem here in canada too EH!.

this thread gave me a chuckle for some reason..

thanks
koboss

Old 02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
DEERSHOOTER
Junior User
wow thats alot cheaper than here and hey its a lil off topic but anyone ever have your RPM's stick at 2500 and just poor out blue smoke ??

Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM
superdutysquirrel
Junior User
i just wish fords engeeners would spend a little more time fixing these design flaws, and less time designing there signiture series of trucks. whats next, the Barbie superduty for the redneck girls? lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F***IN AIR FILTER