Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Posting Guru

TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.
Where to buy biodiesel or blend in the Knoxville area?

Hey guys!
I was wondering where I can go o buy Biodiesel or biodiesel blend in the area. Anybody know, or know of the best/worst stations to get diesel? Also, what should I get for tooling around town? I have heard of B20, B50, etc., and while I think the number represents the percentage of biodiesel in the blend, I am not really sure about all there is to know on BD for example, what is the safest for my 6.0L (2003 F-350 DRW), what are the pros and cons, how much to expect to pay, etc.. Thanks in advance for the info!

"Seat heaters are God's way of saying 'No matter how bad your day may be, it could always be worse. You could have all this happen to you and your bum not be pleasantly toasted.'"
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Post Fiend

Neal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud of
I never saw anywhere in Knoxville that sold it while I lived down there. Not saying there isn't a place though. I used to get my fuel at the Flying J on Watt road. Cheapest and best fuel around.

My opinion is to run straight dino now. I looked into bio but not worth it yet.
97 F250 Full Force 275/200's, DP Tuner Live Tuned, Modded H2E, Terminated HPOS, Comp 910's, ARP studs, Swamps Pushrods, 6.oh Cooler, BDP elec. reg. return fuel, Valair dual disc clutch, RSK, D60, SD 1 ton springs DRD INMATE # 40
Neal's Pics and H2E install
Tennessee Chapter Member Join Chapter here
Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Post Fiend

jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
They only area I know of in the area that really sells it is down in Maryville several Exxons have Biodiesel down there in B20. I have ran it a few times and my truck really liked it but thats in the summer I would make sure you add some good additives (Diesel Klean) if you run it in the winter. Maryville is trying to " Go Green" so they are adding it alot here lately.
Pete's Custom Filter Covers Riffraff Diesel Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatt00 View Post
Kinda tough to embrace the dark side when your an electrician.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Posting Guru

TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the info! I hit the FJ up from time to time, but it is about 15 miles out of my way so I really don't get the chance to go there all that often. I do go to Maryville ("Murrvull") and the Smokies quite a bit though. Might have to check them out. Thanks! Any station to beware of for poor quality? I try to find the most updated stations as well as the ones that look the most often used, pref. ones that access tractor trailers.

"Seat heaters are God's way of saying 'No matter how bad your day may be, it could always be worse. You could have all this happen to you and your bum not be pleasantly toasted.'"
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Post Fiend

Neal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud ofNeal 97 250 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf View Post
Thanks for the info! I hit the FJ up from time to time, but it is about 15 miles out of my way so I really don't get the chance to go there all that often. I do go to Maryville ("Murrvull") and the Smokies quite a bit though. Might have to check them out. Thanks! Any station to beware of for poor quality? I try to find the most updated stations as well as the ones that look the most often used, pref. ones that access tractor trailers.

("Murrvull") Yup I can tell you are from the area. You can always tell a local or one who "tries" to be a local by the way they pronounce that.

If you don't get to FJ then try Pilot. They usually run the same price as FJ. I think it is off Lovell, not 100% positive.
97 F250 Full Force 275/200's, DP Tuner Live Tuned, Modded H2E, Terminated HPOS, Comp 910's, ARP studs, Swamps Pushrods, 6.oh Cooler, BDP elec. reg. return fuel, Valair dual disc clutch, RSK, D60, SD 1 ton springs DRD INMATE # 40
Neal's Pics and H2E install
Tennessee Chapter Member Join Chapter here
Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250 View Post

("Murrvull") Yup I can tell you are from the area. You can always tell a local or one who "tries" to be a local by the way they pronounce that.
Like we say "Mefus".
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Post Fiend

jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
Not down it Murrvull lol they are all regular gas stations but the ones I have used is Exxons with good results. Here is a link to all the locations in our area Biodiesel Stations in Maryville, TN, US - Where to buy Biodiesel Fuel - FindBiodiesel.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
("Murrvull") Yup I can tell you are from the area. Yo can always tell a local or one who "tries" to be a local by the way they pronounce that.

If you don't get to FJ then try Pilot. They usually run the same price as FJ. I think it is off Lovell, not 100% positive.
I don't know about pilot anymore Neal, I have been having alot of MPG issues out of them. I have filled up from several of them including the one down on Lovell road at the truck stop and my MPGs get way down. Murphy Oil that walmart uses I get alot of good results out of them and Exxon

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 PM
New User

painter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Both of the Regal fuel stations have it. You have to have a Regal fuel card to use the pumps as there are no people at the stations.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Post Fiend

How do you get a Regal fuel card?

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:09 PM