Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznnp View Post
Okay, I will contact them and see what they say, only problem is that they only work with one dealer in my area and its not the dealer I would prefer to go to since it isn't a Ford specific dealer, more of a used car lot, carmax
That is fine...they can do that job pretty easy..but they will have to get the parts from Ford.

Also ensure they know beforehand of the proper coolant to use. Point it out to them and ensure they write it down.

You will want to check that as well when you pick it. Make sure the degas bottle is a little over the full line as there will likely be some air that will have to get worked out.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Freshman User

Big Angry Hillbilly is starting off with a positive reputation.
I respectfully request this topic be locked as the information in the first post has changed substantially and this thread is the source of misinformation as a result.

The TSB quotes in the first post no longer exists, and has been updated.

Part numbers have been added to reflect causal parts as per what failed - and there are different coverages for each part number quoted in the TSB.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Posting Guru

jasfaa is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like everything on these things the warranty, fixes, parts change almost from dealer to dealer and day to day.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM
New User

gatorfan78 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK, so here is my story on this subject....

As some may have seen, in my previous posts, I was told by my Diesel Service Manager that the TSB would cover me at 100k. I had replaced my hoses on my own when they failed, so they said as long as I had my bad hoses to give them for the claim to FORD, they would be able to handle it. Well, like a moron, I threw away the original ones that I replaced with the newer double o-ring version hoses. So I quickly began an online search, and plea, for some bad radiator hoses.

On 8/6, a user, DesertRider, on this forum saw my plea for help, and he sent me a pm offering his hoses to me for no more than the shipping costs.

On 8/19/13, I rolled into the FORD Diesel Service Center and handed the hoses to the service manager. He told me he would call me when the truck was ready, about two days he said. Well, about 36 hours past and I heard nothing, so I call for an update. The service manager said the truck would be ready for pick up the next day at lunch.
SO, with 79,080mi on the clock, FORD replaced the following items (FREE OF CHARGE)!
I received a new radiator,all new coolant hoses, degas bottle, venturi-t, and a new thermostat.

I went to pickup the truck the next day. when I got there I asked if they had any trouble w FORD on getting this done. His reply was that they had to do some "over-writing" to get it fully covered. Apparently they said they found that the thermostat "needed replacing" so that helped influence FORD to cover the repairs since it is part of the 100k engine warranty.

He said the TSB recently changed to only cover it up to 50k miles for the failed hose TSB mentioned in this thread. Luckily since I had already mentioned it to them, when I first started my hunt for some bad hoses. Otherwise, I may not have been so lucky.

So with all of that said, it does appear the radiator replacement is only for up to 50k now. I guess it comes down to your Service Manager, and if they are willing to go the extra mile for the customer.
We that is my experience with this issue. Im just hoping now that these items will last longer than the last ones.

A huge tank you to DesertRider for passing along his bad hoses. As the saying goes; one man's trash, is another man's treasure!!

Best of luck to those dealing w this problem,
Ryan
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Senior User

Mystic_Cobra is starting off with a positive reputation.
If Ford corporate did indeed change the warranty coverage from 100K to 50K on radiators, that's pretty sh1tty!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Senior User

winklershop is starting off with a positive reputation.
i read through this whole thread, back and forth i got lost a couple of times...but i am contemplating with all this trouble why not just go to a Mishimoto radiator which have a lifetime warranty and fully welded, no more end cap seems coming apart.
fficeffice" />>>
I have 6.4 L 2008 F450 with a leaking radiator (original) at the end cap, at 12-16-13 with 47,500 miles on it. it had the venturi recall done at 7720 miles 12-8-08 and then the reprogram pcm at 7739 miles in 1-9-13. we had a leaking upper radiator hose at 7-17-13 and 45000 miles which we replaced with a cat oring 4J-0524 which hold up way better (but we had no idea of the warranty issues at the time) the hoses and radiator are the 1 oring per connection design. but they have been updated to an 2 oring per connection design?
>>
From what im reading is that with a leaking radiator and leaking hose, they will warranty it?
>>
What about the updated thermostats? what about the updated front cover?>>
6.0 L MODS DUMMY PLUGS/STANDPIPES, STC FITTING, BLUE SPRING, ARP HEAD STUDS, EDGE INSITE GAUGE W/ EGT, EGR STEALTH DELETE, SCT TOW TUNE, UPPIPE SCOOP REM, COOLANT AND OIL BYPASS FILTERS, ALL OEM FILTERS, OEM HEAD GASKET, OEM OIL COOLER, VULVCAN CAC BOOTS
Old 12-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
So what is the updated 2013 version of this? The 5-year part of my 100K/5 year extended warranty is going to run out in less than 3 weeks, and I'm looking at a $1500 out-of-pocket radiator replacement on my 2008 F-250 SD with the 6.4 and 76K miles on the odometer. I got "lucky" and got the oil cooler replaced just last week under the warranty. They discovered the left side of the radiator tank "oozing", but then told me that it wasn't covered. I'm on the clock here, so if somebody could give me the updated answer about this, and possibly the updated TSB if it is covered, I'd be much appreciative. I also asked this question over on the SD forum.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 11-17-2014, 08:38 PM
New User

Twinscrewcrew is starting off with a positive reputation.
This worked for me!!

I'm the guy that has a problem and scans the net for answers and never says thanks. I owe y'all a huge thanks! I have a 2010 6.4 84k and still under the factory power train. I bought it a little over a year ago certified and with 22k. I noticed my fan seemed to always be spinning like a locked up fan clutch. So I checked coolant and found it low. I find a leak on the radiator and a leak on lower rad hose where it connects to the block. So I took it to Ford. Since it had a leaking hose they replaced it all 100% under warranty. Had it only been the radiator it would not have been covered however. NOW, I have to deal with my HPFP. I had a P0087 code and the immediately screamed contaminated fuel just as I expected. My work order came back "found rust and metal in upper filter housing, suggest HPFP replacement. Here we go. In my opinion if their filtration system can't keep the water out that's their problem not mine. I've changed fuel filters every 10,000 and drained my Separator ever 4-6 weeks. Never saw a drop of water. My guess is it was sold to me with damage and now it's my problem.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Glad you got the leaks repaired under warranty.

Unfortunately all the big three have the same problem with water in the fuel.

Turn it into your insurance company since you don't know where the water came from.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 PM