Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-1999, 04:54 AM
Eric Ellis

78 F250 Dual tank fuel system

Help!! I cant find a wiring diagram for my fuel sys ..I'm real tired of my fuel guage not working as its my daily driver..

Thanks to all ,Thunder...
Old 06-12-1999, 06:53 AM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn jowilker

Eric, have you thought to trace the wire by hand, they usually don't change the color code. You were not specific about why you needed help. The guages rarely go bad. Does either tank work?

John
Old 06-13-1999, 03:14 PM
Eric Ellis

I'm using the main tank now , tried to replace the fuse for the switching system,it blows even with an overrated fuse.I could trace them by hand ,but it would sure help to have a diagram to go by.

Thanks for responding ....

Old 06-13-1999, 03:58 PM
Post Fiend

jowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to beholdjowilker is a splendid one to behold
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn jowilker

Man you have a direct short. You might as well start at the tanks and inspect the sending wire. There is a naked spot somewhere, and I'll bet on the chassis. As soon as you can find it either wrap it with tape or cut it and put in a coupler, then try a new proper size fuse. A fuse is a safty device, it lets you know that there is a problem. Adding a larger fuse is a hazzard and can cause more problems.

Your problem shouldn't be hard to find.

John
Old 06-14-1999, 09:16 AM
New User

abowie is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:56 PM
New User

ressery is starting off with a positive reputation.
My guess would be the tank selector solenoid. It's located in the frame rail just ahead of the front tank. Unplug it, put a new fuse in and try the switch. If the fuse holds, it's the solenoid.

Only about 5' of wire to inspect from there to the engine bay. Most of it's easy to get at.

Roger
Old 04-01-2005, 11:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks