1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

show off your dentside pre-runners

Old 03-28-2015, 05:55 AM
DirtyLarry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda wish you guys had cut up some yoters or chebbies too, I guess this is where all the crew cabs went. But this is America and my opinion not mattering is what makes it so great. These are pretty cool trucks though!
What's up with the pic of the silver sc flying? Do these trucks land jumps like that? If so, that's awesome!

Old 03-29-2015, 10:48 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wyoming4x4
70 crew

Carli 4.5" leafs 2011 super duty!

Mine is dual purpose truck! By the way I bought my crewcab from a guy who was taking it to the scraper! Bought if off the trailor and unloaded it with my service truck! It was in pieces and now it's alive! About as close as you can get before being destroyed! Keeping old iron alive one ford at a time!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:39 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
You responded that to the wrong thread but I guess Dimple Dies are relevant to Pre-Runners as they seem to go hand in hand these days.
D'oh - how'd I do that. At least you found the info!

Originally Posted by DirtyLarry
I kinda wish you guys had cut up some yoters or chebbies too, I guess this is where all the crew cabs went. But this is America and my opinion not mattering is what makes it so great. These are pretty cool trucks though!
What's up with the pic of the silver sc flying? Do these trucks land jumps like that? If so, that's awesome!
Don't you worry, yotas & chevies get the treatment too. We just don't post um here because some guys here get all snooty about other makes

And not even close to an excuse for where the crew cabs went. Only a few of um have turned into even cooler things that stock by doing this (and I'll post pics below to get this thread back on topic!).
As was stated in the post above post though - we save these trucks too too. We just may not use all the body panels or keep um BORING, uh, I mean stock.

And yes, many of these trucks are built to land jumps like that & more. That's part of the draw, well for me at least. Doing 60-80 mph or more over whoops, bumps & dips that are bumper high/deep on most trucks is one heck of a thrill!

Here's a couple crew cabs that have been lucky enough to get some love vs. being kept stock & boring! Both on D50 TTB to boot! Maybe that's why they get to take up some precious space in my photo-suckit account though

Old 04-01-2015, 04:11 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
Cool rig!

Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754
D'oh - how'd I do that. At least you found the info!

Don't you worry, yotas & chevies get the treatment too. We just don't post um here because some guys here get all snooty about other makes

And not even close to an excuse for where the crew cabs went. Only a few of um have turned into even cooler things that stock by doing this (and I'll post pics below to get this thread back on topic!).
As was stated in the post above post though - we save these trucks too too. We just may not use all the body panels or keep um BORING, uh, I mean stock.

And yes, many of these trucks are built to land jumps like that & more. That's part of the draw, well for me at least. Doing 60-80 mph or more over whoops, bumps & dips that are bumper high/deep on most trucks is one heck of a thrill!

Here's a couple crew cabs that have been lucky enough to get some love vs. being kept stock & boring! Both on D50 TTB to boot! Maybe that's why they get to take up some precious space in my photo-suckit account though

Very cool rig! Getting expensive ideas!

Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chase, do you have links to either of those TTB builds?

That would be the only way my truck ends up with a Transfer Case.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
There is a build on race-dezert.com for the blue one. It is old, but a google search for 78 crew cab ford using RDC as the site should pull it up. It has a cool cantilever rear suspension now. Let me know if you try & can't find it & I can get on there & dig through my very old subscriptions & see if I can't find it.

The "shortened" one is really cool as it is on a supercab, short bed frame to get a shorter wheel base. Started life as a 2wd and he did the d50 TTB when it was still a supercab. He then converted it to the crew cab. No build thread on a forum, just pics on the facial book. His name is Chad Krewson & he's one of my friends on there. Search him & find all the pics. No write up though. Truck was built by Fantelli in San Diego area.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:08 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought the miss-match color scheme looked like Chad's truck.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:33 PM
wyoming4x4
Posting Guru
Frame question?

Originally Posted by wyoming4x4
Very cool rig! Getting expensive ideas!
Did you use ttb frame or upgrade ole 79 frame?

Old 04-10-2015, 03:52 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Both of those trucks are on their original frames I believe.

The brown/multi colored one started as a '75 (I think) 2wd supercab short bed. D50 TTB was added.

The blue truck is a '78 if I remember right and was a 4wd. They added TTB to it as well.