My truck: 2002, 2.3L, 5 speed, 75,000 miles. Engine has power loss and misses badly when the engine is under stress either up hill or after shifting to 3rd or 4th (low engine rpm). Otherwise engine runs well at 50+ MPH but when I have pass another car it starts missing and thus looses power.
1. Have tested the fuel pump (out of the tank) at 79 psi should be 56-72 psi.
2. Removed fuel tank and cleaned tank and pump (was not dirty)
3. Replaced the fuel filter just because.
4. Replaced air filter (was very dirty)
5. Cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner.
6. Measured ALL voltages at MAF all well within limits including all RPM ranges.
7. Ran 2 fuel tanks with injector cleaner additive at high speed.
You should do a pressure test with koeo and keoer. I think the regulator is in the tank. I have not not seen anyone that needed a new damper. pull the vacuum line off of it and check it out. check for codes even if the cel is off. you have the Duratec right? Have you done any maintenance on it?