Another New Member with a 7.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Another New Member with a 7.3

Welcome: axmrdr

Wow, that username is one of the more unique that I've seen.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Welcome to the chapter, I like that name!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:11 AM
axmrdr
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Kinda long story on the name, too long to explain now. If you see a Oxford White Harley Roadking with that on the license plate flag me down, cuz it's me.

I see that you guys are planning a gathering, I hope to make it to meet the local forum members. I live in Morrilton, Home of used car lots and liquor stores :-)

This is my first diesel and it's great. Had it almost 3 years now. Got it used with 150k on the clock. Replaced an alternator, starter twice - faulty solenoid, and just last night an IPR but it has been mostly trouble free. I've learned a lot about diesels lately and this place is the main reason. Folks here are so willing to help. The knowledge base here is unbelieveable - some of these guys really know what they're talking about.

I've been a forum member for quite some time but haven't used it much, usually it is when there is truck trouble huh? lol

I'm sure I'll be asking stupid questions about it. I'm a moderator on a Harley forum but this format is much different.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll.
Gordon

Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the chapter!

Speaking of scooters...I've often wondered how many of my fellow FTE-Arkansas brothers/sisters ride scooters. I'd love to have a Road Glide, but when I was shopping 3 years ago they were just out of my price range for a 1st bike. So I ride a C50 for now; not exactly a road trip bike for any distance.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
axmrdr
Tuned
Thank you!

Is there a page or link for the Arkansas Chapter to post stuff related to us? Still trying to find my way around....

Yeah, new bike prices are a little tough for the wife to accept so I shopped Ebay for a long time and ended up with a wrecked '98 police bike from Baton Rouge. Low miles on it and only bolt-on damage. After some internet shopping and a lot of blood, sweat, and beers it is better than new and just the way I like it.

I've had it since 2001 and it is pretty much my main source of transportation most of the year, but the F350 is the one I pick if the weather is funky. Seems the older I get the bigger sissy I become when it gets cold outside;-)

I'm always up for a ride if I'm not working - and the wife doesn't have plans for me :-O

Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by axmrdr
Is there a page or link for the Arkansas Chapter to post stuff related to us? Still trying to find my way around....
Pretty much like all of the sub-forums on FTE you can click on the name...in this case "Arkansas Chapter" and it will show you everything in that sub-forum. There might be more to it...but that's all that I'm aware of.
Yeah, new bike prices are a little tough for the wife to accept so I shopped Ebay for a long time and ended up with a wrecked '98 police bike from Baton Rouge. Low miles on it and only bolt-on damage. After some internet shopping and a lot of blood, sweat, and beers it is better than new and just the way I like it.

I've had it since 2001 and it is pretty much my main source of transportation most of the year, but the F350 is the one I pick if the weather is funky. Seems the older I get the bigger sissy I become when it gets cold outside;-)
When I bought my C50 in the fall of '07 it was my first scooter. I had riden a buddies Honda around some backroads...I think it's an early '80s something vintage 4-banger...about 350cc??? At the time I was commuting 45 miles to work and my old Exploder was killing me on fuel. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it enough to justify too much of a monthly payment. The C50 was within my budget and so far I've enjoyed it. Though on one trip to Tulsa, I discovered about 30 minutes into a 2 hr ride...it isn't well suited to the Super-Slab. Talk about squirrely ...and at 70 it sounded like I was riding a milkshake mixer.

I'm always up for a ride if I'm not working - and the wife doesn't have plans for me :-O
I wish I could ride more than I have in the last 6 months. Part of my unemployment is we keep the 4 year at the house with me. Momma and I both agreed that she doesn't need to be on the scooter...not to mention it's against state law. So finding somewhere for her to go every time I want to ride is a hassle. Hopefully I'll get back to work soon and everything will return to "normal" and I'll get to ride in my spare time.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
axmrdr
Tuned
I finally found it and bookmarked it. I might be slow but I'll get there, ... eventually.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Calli
Senior User

"Speaking of scooters...I've often wondered how many of my fellow FTE-Arkansas brothers/sisters ride scooters."

I ride scooters. My list is in signature.
Welcome to AXMRDR

Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
axmrdr
Tuned
Originally Posted by Calli
"Speaking of scooters...I've often wondered how many of my fellow FTE-Arkansas brothers/sisters ride scooters."

I ride scooters. My list is in signature.
Welcome to AXMRDR
You have a lot of toys! The Boss Hogs are insane! Do you like HP or just enjoy having your cheeks pulled to your ears by G forces? ;-)

I have a few toys but the HP is quite less. I still have 2 teenage boys at home and we ride dirtbikes when we can find the time so there is a TTR 250, CRF 150, DRZ 125 and a Rancher 420?. The '98 RK is still my main toy but getting out there with those boys riding trails is pretty darn fun.

Congrats and thanks for the welcome!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Calli
Senior User

The Boss Hogs are insane! Do you like HP or just enjoy having your cheeks pulled to your ears by G forces? ;-)

BossHoss do make you smile!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Uh, oh, this is turning into my kind of thread. Got 3 Harleys in the shop, '82 FLTC Tourglide, '87 FLTC Tourglide, and an '85 FXEF Superglide for the wife.
As you can see we like the older ones.
Axmrdr, the name doesn't have anything to do with a little party over in Tennessee does it?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Uh, oh, this is turning into my kind of thread. Got 3 Harleys in the shop, '82 FLTC Tourglide, '87 FLTC Tourglide, and an '85 FXEF Superglide for the wife.
As you can see we like the older ones.
I don't know enough about H-D to know what their alphabet soup of model names mean. But I know what a couple of them look like. At some point I need to figure out how I can convince my wife that a Eletrcaglide & Ultraglide scooters aren't "old men" bikes. She's the first one to complain about the rough ride on the C50 after 30 minutes...but doesn't want to upgrade to a scooter designed for two adults on a long ride.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
This should get you to a photobucket album. Not sure as I just created the account. The two bikes with the fairings are the Tourglides. The one with the apes is my wife's Superglide. Pictures by walliscrow - Photobucket

Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
This should get you to a photobucket album. Not sure as I just created the account. The two bikes with the fairings are the Tourglides. The one with the apes is my wife's Superglide. Pictures by walliscrow - Photobucket
Boy, have we this thread talking about scooters. Must be an Arkansas thing...pictures help allot when your talking about H-D. I have to ask, are ape hangers even comfortable? Looks like your arms would get sore after a couple miles of "hanging on". But then my right hand goes numb after about 45-60 minutes of riding with my stock handlebars.

I did notice something the other day that made me feel better. I used to think my scooter was squirlly on the superslab because it's a short bike. I was behind a guy (looked like he was riding a V-star) and I noticed that his rear end was all over the place when ever he'd pass someone...just like my ****-zoo-key. Guess it's the nature of the bikes to squirm like that.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Well, she likes 'em, I'm not so fond of them.
I like 'em a lot better with that solo seat on it than I did when it had the stock seat, and the floorboads that I'm in the process of adding(if I ever finish the engine conversion on my truck, to bring it a bit more on topic)will help even more.
Still not putting them on either of the dressers.
Sorry for the hijack, guys.

Quick Reply: Another New Member with a 7.3