Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
New User

jwreels is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hauling a Canoe

I have an '08 F250 CrewCab. I have a 17ft canoe and maybe a kayak (not purchased yet) that would like to haul around when we go camping. Whats the best option for this? I also could be towing either a boat or travel trailer.

From what I have seen there are a few different options. There can be racks for the cab roof top. I have also seen something that is similar to ladder racks. Or a combination of the two? I don't want anything permanently installed since I won't be using it often.

Last edited by jwreels; 02-03-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: More info
Old 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Post Fiend

BillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to all
You can get ladder racks that clamp to the bed rails. Lightweight and easy to install and remove.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/billybob69_photo/90x90_email_signature_HIGHMILER-1.png
Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Freshman User

HCJtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Look into a Yakima rack made for your truck. They are first class, and have specific mounting brackets for canoes, bikes, skis, etc. I even use mine to haul ladders and lumber. My rack is used on a SUV (Toyota Landcruiser) but if I wanted to haul a canoe or two on my F 350, I would get the appropriate rack for that. This would allow the bed to remain open and would not affect a trailer. Yakima's website will tell you what specific parts you will need for your model truck. Too bad new vehicles don't have rain gutters any more as the mounting brackets for gutters were rather universal and simpler.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Senior User

aphotic26 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 16 foot canoe - due to the design of the front it has to be angled just right at the front, to high at the back and the front will rub the roof. I tie it down to the back ontop of the tailgate and strap it to the hitch you can strap it to a hook in the box but I need the space and I don't tow. I use a back rack and straps, all you need.

This is the only pic I have:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
cab, canoe, car, crew, excursion, f350, flex, ford, haul, hauling, kayak, ranger, sport, strapping, topping, track, truck