Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
West TN (atoka - covington area) what's this jet engine noise from north of here?

I've been hearing about some kind of new power plant with a gas turbine around here. I live down by Glenn Springs lake, and off and on all day for a while now I've been hearing a roaring noise from the direction of Plum Point - but that's supposed to be a coal plant.

Doggoned thing sounds like a fedex plane flying right over the roof - I can't imagine anything making that much noise is very efficient.

Where is that thing? If it's going to rattle my windows I at least want to know where it is and what it is.

~Dutch
Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Posting Guru

harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a great reputation on FTE.
Its coming all the way from Osceola, AR. That's where Zachary Industrial is putting the finishing touches on the Plum Point Energy Station. The noise being heard is coming from steam blows - a way of cleaning the new plant's steam system. The blows do create a loud noise similar to a jet engine. It should last for 2 or 3 weeks, but it is a one time process.
2009 Pontiac G3 the "roller-skate"

www.fordbonusbuilttrucks.com
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Thank God- if I set a glass of water on one of the window sills at my place I can see ripples on the surface when they do that. They've been at it around the clock too.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 AM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
I bet that'd do a great job cleaning the gunk off your engine....
Old 02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

If it sounds like that from this many miles away - I bet it would flip a truck up in the air!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:47 PM