1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Carb for 66 F-100

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM
samtoll
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carb for 66 F-100

Many thanks to all the folks who chimed in to help with my starting problem, and rolling problem. This is a really great group of guys and I hope to be able to contribute, not just learn.

I got the truck to fire up and idle, but it understandably sounds rough. I have purchased and plan to install plugs wires, points, cap, rotor and brake lines, but as I looked under the hood while the engine was running, there was a stream of gas pouring from two or three places on the carb.

I took it to a local (sacramento) carb guy and he recommended getting the stock carb, a model 2100 clock face 114. If I find a core he can rebuild it.

Any thoughts on how I can obtain one? I did a cursory look thru google and wasted about an hour getting nowhere...

Thanks again for everyone's help in getting the old baby running...

Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just recommend going to your favorite parts store and have them pull up either a rebuilt kit for you extact engine combo; or quote you a price on a new carb.

Mitch

Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Big Daddy T
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i have a stock autolite carb off of my 66 352 u can have but lots of luck geting it to accelerate correctl at low rpm without backfiring. i think its jetted too lean but as u can see i gave up on it in favor of a 4 barrell holley and intake. not sure id try it but your welcome to if u want it!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 PM
wagonerkl
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does it mean that current (leaking) carb is not a stock carb? There are lots of Ford 2100s on EBay for widely varying prices. You could buy one of those either already rebuilt, or rebuild it yourself. BUT before I did that, you should probably check with Numberdummy if you care about the exact application.

I was rebuilding one this week and was surprised to learn it was a 4WD specific carb. , so it had a different float bowl and a few additional components. I never figured they had such a thing in 66'. Good luck.