Finned aluminum sidecover bulk order, finned valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 AM
91Bronc300
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! Very nice. Everything so clean. Is that carburetor spacer wood?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
es2rider
Junior User
Carb spacer

Thanks, I just fired the engine for the first time up last week. No leaks at the lifter cover.
Huh... wood. No, looks like it. It's made of phenolic resin, like the old Bakelight product.
The spacer is tapered from top to bottom.
(The tapered carburetor spacers feature a computer-generated, variable-radius taper design that maximizes airflow through the carburetor and enhances air/fuel distribution for more horsepower.)
Their words, not mine. Sounds good though...
Doug

Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Raymond
Tuned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That cover is sweet! I'm very interested in getting one so add me to the list.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 AM
jem44357
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check theses out...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...er-vendor.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...er-covers.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ter-cover.html

these are the pm's between him and I...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jem44357
I'm in for 1 lifter cover and 1 fuel pump block off plate. Do you have a ball park on the price for a set? It would serve me for my current build, an FFR Roadster.

Maybe one valve cover if the price is right. It would depend on the look. And if it fit my current application. Would it match the side cover? A selling feature for me would be a Ford oval with 309. Or just a flat oval I could have 309 machined into which may be appealing to others. As far as measurements it needs to clear roller rockers.

Maybe, just maybeeee another lifter cover and a valve cover with out the 309 just a match to the side cover. This would be for my 93 ford PU with EFI. It is currently my back up ride. I have entertained the idea of redoing it once I get my FFR done. The 93 was my first new vehicle purchase. It may never happen who knows. As far as measurements it needs to fit stock EFI?

I have no clue on the actual measurements. There are many others on here who will know this. I just know what I have and need.

Will there be bulk discounts?
Jim

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>hes willing to do bulk discounts. for a single purchase its 200 for the fuel pump blockoff and side cover. the bulk price will depend on how many people commit to the deal. so far its only looking like maybe three or four people.

I dont have a problem with you posting the responses. the guy i'm talking to about the sidecovers and valvecovers contacted clifford about working together, or about supplying them with cast covers so they could machine them, or vice versa. they didn't respond back. unfortunately for all of us CP's customer service has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jem44357
NavyMIDN08,

Would it be alright if I cut and pasted my pm in a post in your thread or you could edit out what you do not want to share and post it. I was thinking others may be interested in my ideas. It may also show that there is more interest than appears in the thread. It may get someone or a few to make a better commitment and or share their ides. It may give you a better taste of what the masses want. Personally I have been all over the web looking for something like this and did not find anything but Clifford Performance aluminum Valve Cover and some chrome stuff which I do not like. Also have you thought about contacting CP they may be interested in some which would reduce the cost which may really get some more to jump. Just some ideas.

If I am out of line just let me know.

Thanks and Take Care
Jim

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

somewhere over the rainbow...

I think at one point he talked about being redeployed to ???. Anyway maybe someone could PM him.

Jim

Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 PM
diehardfifties
New User
Dressed up engine

That is one good looking engine, super nice job you are doing.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
sedly
Posting Guru
I sent him a PM about a month ago.
No response yet.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
77h0t_r0d_wrecker
Senior User
This is the first I'm seeing this, and HOT DAMN that is beautiful. And HOT DAMN expensive too. How many people are in for the buy in? I'd be able to afford it if we had 20+

Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 AM
jem44357
Tuned
It would seem he or his source are not interested. He has been active within the past week. Either that or it was just a bunch of... . It would be nice for him to chime in and squash all of the .

Jim

Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 AM
NavyMIDN08
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry for the delay guys, still deployed. I've tried logging on multiple times, but the high content of FTE bogs down our connection and always crashes my computer.

When I get home I'll get back in touch with Eric and make sure he's still good for the deal. I would have dealt with it over leave, but i had a new chopper to play with, rust to repair (anyone know where I can get the outer b-pillar covers for a 80-86 bronco!?!?), and wanted to relax. I started all this, then deployment got in the way, and I didn't realize that it had come back to the surface. I still plan on following through with the plan. If nothing else I may just order a batch of covers then resell them through the classifieds. It may be easier to do that way.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 AM
sedly
Posting Guru
Good to hear from you.
There is lots of interest on this,and Im sure theres more to come.
Hopefully it works out,I know Im looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
jspiering
New User
300 Side Cover

I would love to get in on these side covers. Count me in! What do I need to do get in on this deal?

Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 PM
jem44357
Tuned
I see a lot of remarks on the side cover. What about the valve cover? I really want one of those also.

Jim

Old 01-29-2011, 10:18 AM
amibrau55effie
New User
Info on these finned covers

Navy,
I've just picked up my 55 F100 with a 223 in it and am wondering if you have that contact info for the shop that has made up the side covers for you. I'd love to get a set for my I6..
Thanks.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
jmc0369
Cross-Country
Count this Marine in!

Looking forward to seeing how this shakes out. Jon

Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
uncle_jessie
Senior User
Any Updates to this stuff. I'm interested in this stuff.

Quick Reply: Finned aluminum sidecover bulk order, finned valve covers