Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Fuel Return Line Kits (and viton o-rings)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Cruickie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I've ordered the following from Dieselfiltersonline.com

[31904] LUBEGARD® Limited-Slip Supplement
1 Shipped
[ZD1A] - Ford 6.9 Liter Diesel Motorcraft Glow Plug
8 Shipped

He's sending is via USPS and the shipping charge is $13.95. This is a bit of an experiment because I've never done this before so we'll see how the border goes over. If this works out than it would probably be similar cost to have someone send me a return line kit.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM
greywynd
Posting Guru
Glad to see USPS in there, UPS is well known for hitting everyone with their own brokerage fees. I simply refuse to have anything shipped to Canada from the states via UPS due to it.

I have used fedex a time or two,a nd haven't had any issues so far.

I'll be interested in seeing what results you have getting this stuff!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 AM
WarOzz
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From my ebay experience I can tell you UPS is about triple what the USPS shipping costs are and stuff doesn't usually arrive any quicker. Never tried FedEx to Canada but I have heard some nightmare stories about high costs.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 PM
starmilt
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got off the phone with the post master and the onerate envelopes can be sent to canada, but the rate is higher at 11.95 postage. These should work for Items like return line kits that are not that thick.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by starmilt
I know that the local diesel injection service I used to use claimed they matched the injectors to the pump which makes sense and have found others claiming to do the same,but they rebuild and set your pump at the same time. lol
In the 70's and early 80's we would set injectors and cam timing to a fuel pump code. On a small cam 400 using a 2818 injection pump setting the cam timing was set @ 36 degrees, and injectors set to match the pump calibration. The pump pressure was increased, flow rate decreased, the number (2818) was changes in how much pressure, flow rate along with springs, weights.

That was the same idea I used when I setup my 85' with 6.9, 4sp, 3:55 gears. Used the same guy that setup my trucks. The engine ran very smooth, only a short shot of smoke on a shift. Reminded me of the 3406B cats when shifting. 40 mph difference pulling the same hill with the same load and no problem with building heat. I've said it before on here, 22-23 mpg empty, 18 loaded with 9.5 ft camper and 22 ft Sunrunner cuddy cabin boat. Set dads 87 up the same way and he got better fuel mileage but he has the zf5.

Forgot to add that first an ATS turbo and exhaust was installed on mine, Banks turbo and exhaust installed on dads truck.

Last edited by mistakenID; 02-07-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added info
Old 02-07-2010, 10:13 AM
starmilt
Post Fiend
Mistaken that is exactly what I was referrinf too is your pump man still building them.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:31 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Star, the guy I used had a shop in Salt Lake for a long time. He packed up and moved to some little place in either Oregon or Washington around 95'. I'm still not happy about him moving LOL! Name was Joe Bradley, Bradley's Injection Service. He should be close to retired by now.

We turned up my 78' Pete with a 400. He met me at the shop about 7am on a Sunday morning after he calibrated a marine pump and injectors. Already had the cam timing set. That 400 would keep up with a 3406 and stay cool doing it, and get 6 mpg with a short 80,000 lb gross. It was an engine I bought from Cummins as a ReCon. In the warranty period it had a cracked head first trip out, lost 6 turbos, at 90,000 miles the cam and followers were flaking and replaced so at the same time I told Cummins to get rid of the top stop injectors and pump, replace with the old np stuff. Had 2 injectors go junk and the pump messed up. That's when I blew my cookies in cummins, bout got into a fist fight with the smart *** service manager and called Joe to make it right. Down time sure cost a lot with that "rebuilt and warrentied" engine!!

WOW, asked a simple question and get a book written back huh!

Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 AM
starmilt
Post Fiend
I hate to hear about your problems with the cummins,I actually know quite a few stories like that was it usually is a cat. I have had several friends that had tu sue to get there motors right, I know what you are talking about when a big cam is set up right, I had a lot of fun with a 400 the bullhaulers couldn,t hang with and couldn't belive it was a cummins.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Cruickie
Senior User
Originally Posted by Cruickie
So, I've ordered the following from Dieselfiltersonline.com

[31904] LUBEGARD® Limited-Slip Supplement
1 Shipped
[ZD1A] - Ford 6.9 Liter Diesel Motorcraft Glow Plug
8 Shipped

He's sending is via USPS and the shipping charge is $13.95. This is a bit of an experiment because I've never done this before so we'll see how the border goes over. If this works out than it would probably be similar cost to have someone send me a return line kit.
Just recived the stuff and did not get nailed at the border. Just the $13.95 for USPS postage. It took about 2 weeks.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Cruickie
Senior User
Originally Posted by WarOzz
I just ordered 50... I can split them with you when they get here, just actual cost and shipping to you is all I would want.
Did you get the o-rings? If yes, are you still willing to split them with me? I haven't got around to checking for them locally but I'm willing to bet that I won't be able to beat half the actual cost plus shipping to me (I believe you said it'll be about $8 for 1lb package, a couple o-rings in a regular envelope could be even less...)

If you are game, just let me know and we'll make arrangements.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 PM
generaltso64
Junior User
MWFI.com has what you need. the whole kit with fittings, orings, hoses and clamps for 36 and change plus shipping.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:03 PM
jmmartin
Elder User
pensacoladiesel has the install kit for 19$ right now. fittin to order one for me

Old 02-27-2010, 08:16 PM
jmmartin
Elder User
Fast70 just pointed out to me and i just ordered, Pensacola's got an E-bay store. The kits are 25$ shipping included.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 PM
WarOzz
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mistakenID
Star, the guy I used had a shop in Salt Lake for a long time. He packed up and moved to some little place in either Oregon or Washington around 95'. I'm still not happy about him moving LOL! Name was Joe Bradley, Bradley's Injection Service. He should be close to retired by now.
He is not retired, that small town he moved to is right here, Klamath Falls, Oregon. He has a big following around here, only met him once but I am going to make a point of going in there now.

Here is the google info on his shop, including pic

Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
starmilt
Post Fiend
You da man warOzz.

Quick Reply: Fuel Return Line Kits (and viton o-rings)