Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Donor Body

This isn't exactly a for sale/want ad...but here goes. I've got a '94 XR7 that was rolled two years ago. I've been looking around for another body to put the 4.6L other parts into to make a driveable car. I've been looking for a simular vintage Cat/'Bird or even a 'stang...but keep coming up empty handed. Craigslist & eBay haven't been much help...either I'm a day late & dollar short or the car is a junker. I know it sounds crazy...but I'm looking for a reasonable body; cracked lights are acceptable (simple fix)...but I don't want a ratted out car. I'd like to get this thing drivable so I can either (A)drive it around when I'd rather leave the Pavement Princess parked [like on around town errands] or (B)sell it to get my money back out of it. A family member rolled what a perfectly good Cougar back in July '08 between Cove & Vandervoort. Since I wasn't able to get right to it...the car was stored for a couple of days...along with the towing to the storage yard & my fuel to go down and get it set me back a couple hundred bucks. Anyway...anyone know of body sitting somewhere that's in reasonable good shape? Or anyone want to make an offer on this car? We drove it up onto the trailer when I trailered it home...and everything worked fine then. I've got family in LR/Bryant that we visit so I can work something out as far as trailering closer to you. This is one of those projects I'd like to make something happen soon....finish or sale.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing......
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:59 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Well...if you want to swap the mod motor into an 87 caddy I've got one out behind the bard.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 02-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
I sold my last GM product 12 years ago...I don't plan on having another one ever again; that 305 was a #$% to deal with. Maybe it's time to part out Cat and finally put it out of it's misery.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've got an '82 F-100 without most of the drivetrain you can have.
I'll trade it for a 27 spline drop out for a 9" in good shape, or a complete rear end that'll fit my '61 F-100.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I've got an '82 F-100 without most of the drivetrain you can have.
Uh...I've been around long enough to know there's more to this story than what's being said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I'll trade it for a 27 spline drop out for a 9" in good shape, or a complete rear end that'll fit my '61 F-100.
I'll see what I can find that's '61 compliant...but I'm looking more for a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury carbody. I've got enough trucks sitting around here. Figure the car would be a little more fuel efficient running down the super-slab compared to the Pavement Princess. Though I have been getting high 19's (19.7 & 19.8 mpg) the last two tanks running on the concrete sea.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
...but I'm looking more for a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury carbody.
I've got a 89 Grand Marquis in pretty good shape. Has a 5.0 in it with probably a blown head gasket. 111K miles on the car. I don't know a lot about the car, bought it just as it sits, will run and drive though.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
Uh...I've been around long enough to know there's more to this story than what's being said.
I really didn't take anything more than the trans, radiator, and 3rd member. Duraspark, charging sys and stereo. It'll have a 3rd member when I'm done(the old one out of the '61).
Body's straight(one ding, rt rear)rust free. It's got a 302 in it, but it was knocking like crazy. Front suspension, rear suspension, and brakes as well as the power steering systems are complete. Heck, even the a/c system is intact(don't know if it worked or not).

C'mon, you know you want it.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Postmaster

Finally found a body that was (A) at a price I was willing to pay and (B) in reasonable shape. I'd upload a photo, but FTE and my iPhone don't want to talk to each other.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 AM