Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes
View Poll Results: FORD FORWARDERS
Great idea. I like it.
100.00%
Might work, I'm not excited either way.
0%
Idea stinks, never work. I don't like it.
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: FORD FORWARDERS

Old 01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Poll: FORD FORWARDERS

Howdy Illinoise. Had an idea & wanted to see what you folks thought. I was wondering if might want to start a thing I'm calling FORD FORWARDERS. What it would be would be is a relay service to help transport parts ( & / or trucks if you can ) from one location to another. Here's kinda my idea how it'd work. Lets say John in Ill. has a tailgate for sale. Fred in Kan. wants the tailgate, but shipping would be more than the cost of the tailgate. Joe is going to the middle of Misery for a high school reunion. He has room & is willing to take it that far. Now we have Willie in Kan. City going to the middle of Misery for a business trip. Willie has room & he's willing to pick it up there & take it back to K.C. Now Fred is on the Colo. side of Kan. clear across the state. Willie has room in his garage & is willing to store it for a while. Kan. is having a GTG in the middle of the state. Willie & Fred are both going. Willie takes it with him, Fred leaves the GTG with his tailgate. Everybody's happy. John has his money & no more tailgate in his way. Fred has his tailgate, & everybody else has that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from helping a fellow member. Obviously, this is just an example. It would be strictly volunteer & any arrangements would have to be conducted by the people involved. I was thinking could start a new section called FORD FORWARDERS to post in. Sample: I'm going from Indianapolis to Chicago on date. I have room for a bumper. If somebody in between needs one delivered from here, please reply.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am def encouraged by the thoughtfulness of FTE members!
I would def participate

Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Originally Posted by BobbyDiesel71
I am def encouraged by the thoughtfulness of FTE members!
I would def participate
As much as I would like to, I can't take credit for the idea. I stole it from the AMC Eagle site. I just thought it was cool & maybe it'd work for . They called theirs " Bucket Brigade ".

Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Well, if nothing else, the name ya picked out is pretty cool...

Old 02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Originally Posted by FarmForward
Well, if nothing else, the name ya picked out is pretty cool...
Thanks, it just made sense to me. After all, this is FTE, FORD Truck Enthusiasts. I figured we'd be " forwarding " stuff like the Post Office does with your mail when you move. Voter turnout has been low, but of those who voted, nobody's been against it.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Okay folks, I'll try this. I currently plan to make a trip on the 20th from St. Louse area ( O'Fallon, Mo. ) to Terre Haute, Ind. & return same day. I have an empty ( except for spare ) 8' bed. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Plenty of room. Bumper( s ), Door ( s ), fender( s ), etc. If you have an engine on a pallet & loading capabilities & the other end has unloading capabilities. Contact me & let me know. You get the idea, parts are not limited to those listed, just examples. Yes this is a real trip, not just a sample. Somebody in-between or at either end, this is your chance.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:51 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

UPDATE

Due to unexpected expenses, I can no longer afford the car I was going to buy. Trip is canceled. Maybe next time.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Okay, Ill. I'm going to try this again. Don't have a definite date yet, but if anybody is near Galesburg, Ill. I will be going back there ( yes, back. I forgot to post here in Ill & Noise before ), Old Rusty will be fairly near empty. May also have my niece drive my car. If so, there will be more room in there. If you can strap down / load an engine even, I can do that. Same thing for the return trip, Old Rusty should be empty then. If somebody has something there you need in St. Louse area, speak up. Again, no definite date yet. Hopefully within the next two weeks. Will try to remember to post here again when I go. Also still have that camper shell for sale, if you were interested, but too far away, here's a chance.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Okay folks, just trying to get the last two people's schedules co-ordinated. If this works out the way I want, will be headed over to St. Louse early Mon. A.M. to load up. I will have Old Rusty almost empty, my Eagle wagon also almost empty, a buddy with a new Dodge ( short bed ) empty, & another Eagle, contents unknown. If anybody near / en-route to / from Abingdon, Ill. has parts to transport speak up now.

Search this Thread