Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Elder User

RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.
Mileage for one. The yard I used only has low miles stuff (my rear springs). But on the other hand, as mentioned above my front springs were very used and they are fine too... Perhaps I just got lucky on those. I know the F-350 they came off had about 140K on it of hard use. the guy was a metal building contractor and his truck had a massive service body bed unit installed with a welder, etc. Plus he hauled a gooseneck trailer with it to all his jobs...
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project, here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, Regeared to 4.10's, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" Magnaflow turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Exh. Housing, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637+Petes cover, Wicked Wheel, Banks 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP Tunes, T500 HPOP
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Senior User

hhcobra is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Neil, I tried the code for the discount for Summit and it didn't work. Was that only for the Summit kit that you ordered? Thanks!!

Fred
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Senior User

blowhole is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hear ya, Neil. Hit or miss. Thanks for all the info!
sold --> [ 2005 Excursion - Eddie Bauer - 6.0L PS ] : DieselSite Coolant Filter : Zoodad w/ Z-Plate : 4" MBRP TB Exhaust w/ 5" tip & No Cat : Thule Rack on stock rails : ISSPro Boost & Trans Temp & EGT : Fumoto Valve : Silverstar Lamps
Old 01-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
I just found out from Summit that they have stopped all promotion codes at this time. (they answered by email. just read it)

Bummer.

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 AM
Posting Guru

2000ca250 has a good reputation on FTE.2000ca250 has a good reputation on FTE.
just a simple question, but how exactly can you tell the difference between teh different codes of springs? my front end is starting to sag and i'm interested in doing the v-code swap
Self Tuned
494 HP Daily tune, 557 HP All out

Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Elder User

RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000ca250 View Post
just a simple question, but how exactly can you tell the difference between teh different codes of springs? my front end is starting to sag and i'm interested in doing the v-code swap
I assume you're talking about the F-250 in your Signature? If so, you probably have V-codes already. Unless you have the plow package in which case you would have X codes.

Either way, look at your door sticker for the spring code & post it here.
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project, here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, Regeared to 4.10's, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" Magnaflow turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Exh. Housing, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637+Petes cover, Wicked Wheel, Banks 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP Tunes, T500 HPOP
Old 06-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Senior User

Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.
I just came across a set of V/C springs, how much lift would they give without any mods? Is the ride very harsh, arent they rated at 8000lbs? Been searching awhile but not much info on the c code springs.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Elder User

There should be plenty of info around here about how much lift the V's will give you up front... If you have a diesel, it will be .75" to 1". If you have a V-10, it will be more lift than that.

As for the C's in the rear, I believe they will only lift about the same as the B's. I might be wrong, but I think the C's are similar to the B's except for the overload springs on the C's (which I removed - they don't work on the Excursion). So essentially, IMO, the C's become B's when you remove the overload leaf setup. So expect to get roughly the same amount of lift as B's, which is not much, unless you use the 3.5" tapered F-350 block in conjucntion with the C's (or B's).

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong... otherwise, hope that helps!

EDIT: Forgot to add... Mine does ride stiff, mostly due to the leveling kit and the leaves I added to the rear pack. I'd say it rides like a F-450, very solid, a bit harsh for some people. but I like the tight feel and the solidness when I tow. I hate trucks that drive like they're riding on marshmallows!!!

Last edited by RMBC Freeride; 06-11-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: ride quality
Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior User

Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.Shepherd2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the info. It was the C springs I wasnt sure about. Worried about riding it like a tank.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd2 View Post
Thanks for the info. It was the C springs I wasnt sure about. Worried about riding it like a tank.
I think if you use them alone, without adding leaves like mine, the ride will be similar to the B's. That being said, I don't know what stock B's (or C's)ride like since mine are modified.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:48 AM
New User

02xxx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help me out here I just purchased an 02 v10X and have no idea what a V code is that you are talking about for the lift kit could you explain??
Old 06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Elder User

A V-code is a OEM Ford front spring from a Diesel F-250 or F-350. By putting them on and Excursion, it lifts the front and provides more clearance between the axle and the bump-stops.

Do a search for "V code" and there should be hours of reading on the subject...
Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 PM
New User

02xxx is starting off with a positive reputation.
RMBC I am in Commerce-city CO. I get it, I was into jeeps before so the Diesel is a heavier spring which in turn will provide lift for a V10.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02xxx View Post
RMBC I am in Commerce-city CO. I get it, I was into jeeps before so the Diesel is a heavier spring which in turn will provide lift for a V10.

And also , the F-series trucks came with taller springs than the excursions did, regardless of engine. The factory Excursion springs are nearly flat when new (and reverse arched when sagging), to keep the ride-height lower for "soccer moms & parking garages" Also presumably to offer a softer SUV type ride quality... Too bad it smacks the bump stops and makes the ride worse that the truck version...

Heres a spring chart thread for more info: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/17...ent-chart.html

ever get down to Pueblo, you can check mine out
Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 PM
New User

MountainX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey RMBC, I'm getting ready to the same swap and lift you did on my 03 Ex PSD and was wondering what u-bolts to go with in the rear with mod B's
Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
25, code, country, excursion, f250, f350, g782, inch, kit, leveling, lift, psd, spring, summit, treardown, tuff