Sponsored by: DP Tuner

international billet grille?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Actually I lowered the front end down some just to compensate for the raw power out the back end that way when she tries to climb off that dyno she sits nice and level while doing it.

Also helps to keep from pulling the front wheels off the ground at red lights. LOL

Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM
rbaker6336
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Izzy351
He comes my buzz-kill....

I'm a FORD nut, not an International fan. I would NEVER replace my Blue Oval!! I'd add an Orange Diamond somewhere that made sense, but not there.

Let the beatings begin!!
I'm with you.I have driven IH trucks and sure don't want to degrade my SD with an IH emblem

Old 01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Was it this truck?

Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rbaker6336
I'm with you.I have driven IH trucks and sure don't want to degrade my SD with an IH emblem
Then you must know the knick-name for 'em............

Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
rbaker6336
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Izzy351
Then you must know the knick-name for 'em............
Yep either Binders or corn binders

Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
thirteen-letter chit spreader?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 AM
big bucks
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
Here is the one several of us have bought. Great quality and a good price. You do have to cut your grille, though it isn't hard.

Amazon.com: New! Ford F250/F350 SuperDuty Billet Grille/Grill, Polished, 99-04: Automotive

Here is it installed with the emblem.

Attachment 20656
that looks sick. its not that im degrading my ford, but way i see it without that awsome engine international put out, that blue oval wouldent get down the road let alone bust up on all the chevs and dodges plus i like to be diffrent and stand out so there ya go. i do my own thing not wat everyone else does

Old 01-29-2010, 07:14 AM
fxstbchopper
Fleet Mechanic
I am going to have to agree with Joe here I am a Ford fanatic. I bought my truck because it's a Ford not because it had an International engine if they had a different diesel engine in it I would have still bought it becuase I am a Ford man........

Old 01-29-2010, 07:21 AM
big bucks
Junior User
i can see where yall is comeing from i love fords to but just saying i want sumthing diffrent than what everyone else has. im keeping the tailgate oval the same so im not gettng rid of all my ford stuff. just wana be diffrent thats all. didn want this to get into an argument over ford and international

Old 01-29-2010, 07:27 AM
fxstbchopper
Fleet Mechanic
Ha Ha no argument just a friendly descussion. It is to each his own it's your truck and you should do what works for you with it.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:42 AM
big bucks
Junior User
i can understand that and im not the only one who thinks this way.....

"While the diamonds on the front and rear are sourced from the International parts bin, the "T 444E" emblems are the result of an Internet collaboration among Super Duty fans. Many Power Strokers wanted to represent the company that builds the engine (like the Cummins badge found on Dodge Rams).." "... paying homage to the powerplant under the hood..." ouda diesel power mag

Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
taylornelms
Junior User
The site you posted for the grille says in big red letters, "replaces your original grille" is this the same grill you guys bought? I dont mind cuttin my grille ive done one of these on a ranger I just want to know if its the whole thing or just an insert? Thanks in advance. Thats a heck of a price too.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by taylornelms
The site you posted for the grille says in big red letters, "replaces your original grille" is this the same grill you guys bought? I dont mind cuttin my grille ive done one of these on a ranger I just want to know if its the whole thing or just an insert? Thanks in advance. Thats a heck of a price too.
It is an insert, you have to cut your grille. But most on the road are an insert since the true billet are very pricey.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by big bucks

"While the diamonds on the front and rear are sourced from the International parts bin, the "T 444E" emblems are the result of an Internet collaboration among Super Duty fans. Many Power Strokers wanted to represent the company that builds the engine (like the Cummins badge found on Dodge Rams).." "... paying homage to the powerplant under the hood..." ouda diesel power mag
I am not sure what they are trying to get at in that statement, but I source the T444E from International as well since it comes on there trucks.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Bella PSD
Freshman User
Smile

Bringing up a really old thread but I thought I could answer the question that was left hanging for a year now.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by big bucks

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
I am not sure what they are trying to get at in that statement, but I source the T444E from International as well since it comes on there trucks.
<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style>

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> Clay, The Diesel Power article was referring to the International badges on the truck coming from two different source. The one on the front grill was from International (IH part # 3550916C1) and the T444E labels on the doors were from an outside source other than International. The article goes on about the use of the IH branding to show IH pride by letting everyone know what’s under the hood. Just like that big C on the Dodge. And hence the name of the article and play on words, OuterNational. The Diesel Power article name “OuterNational” was referring to the outward branding of International logos on a Ford. Something that was kind of new back then.

Quick Reply: international billet grille?