Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT - Big thanks!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
jkidd_39
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT - Big thanks!!

I just got finished installing a few things from Riffraff (6637, AIH, CCV) and I started thinking how just a year ago I was very intimidated to wrench on my truck.

And to think, I have done 2 MBRP exhausts, an intake, AIH, and 2 CCV kits this month alone.

I cannot express the gratitude I have towards the knowledgeable people on this forum and how much I get excited to work on others trucks. A HUGE thanks to Brad (Beanhead) for getting me started by sacrificing his knuckles and a magnet that has a new home in my lower cross member for showing more than helping me install my 6.0 IC and 6.0 transmission cooler and remote help w/ uppies at RRE.

Another big thanks for Clay at Riffraff who would take my calls at 7 at night when I was stuck and everyone at RRW who put in my injectors, van turbo, AIH, boost fooler, HPX. Nick,(Weekendwarrior) Jeff (WA.Ranger), Mark (Miller Outdoors), Brandon (BDrummons), Peter (DuckFan) and of course Ed for being the boss..

A big thanks to everyone else that has helped and BS'd with me.. HKusp, Huck, Bfife, ZIggy, JD and countless others that have made this place such a home.

I'm sure there are a ton of ppl i'm forgetting so a huge thanks to all!!!

ohh.. and ernesteugene for making me go talk to engineering professors at school to better grasp his knowledge!!

THANKS to everyone and I can't wait to wrench with you guys again!!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
creich68
Tuned
I owe a big thanks to you for helping me earlier. I guess i'm where you started when you got your truck.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:40 PM
PlatinumPete
Posting Guru
Well said Andrew, the only thing I knew about my truck when I bought it was I really liked it!! never dreamed I would be doing mods myself but with the help of all the great people here, now I look forward to days off just so I can mess with the truck!! I can't begin to explain how much I've learned here, and continue to learn more every day, and I owe it all to the outstanding people on this site.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:17 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well said Andrew, and you and Pete are right, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be pulling turbos and installing VB's, unbelieveable place and folks we have here, wouldn't been able to do it without the fine people here..

Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andrew you got to start some where my friend and you have came a long way now. Going to saying stock injectors last year to cummins conversion this year. I am proud to call you my friend.I do have to say one thing about ya if there is an event within 6 hrs you'll be there I know I won't be there alone .

I was telling Ziggy the other day that it was the biggest mistake when i bought a aftermarket warranty with my truck when I bought it in 07 because I was worried about the truck going down and not being able to fix it and now I've pulled and rebuilt engines during a weekend, pulled a few trannies, ALOT of turbo work... lol. I use to think that the turbo and valve covers was a big job and now its nothing.

Great post Andrew.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All you guys are a huge part of what makes FTE happen. I thank you guys. JD

Old 01-27-2010, 08:21 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jkidd_39
I just got finished installing a few things from Riffraff (6637, AIH, CCV) and I started thinking how just a year ago I was very intimidated to wrench on my truck.

And to think, I have done 2 MBRP exhausts, an intake, AIH, and 2 CCV kits this month alone.

I cannot express the gratitude I have towards the knowledgeable people on this forum and how much I get excited to work on others trucks. A HUGE thanks to Brad (Beanhead) for getting me started by sacrificing his knuckles and a magnet that has a new home in my lower cross member for showing more than helping me install my 6.0 IC and 6.0 transmission cooler and remote help w/ uppies at RRE.

Another big thanks for Clay at Riffraff who would take my calls at 7 at night when I was stuck and everyone at RRW who put in my injectors, van turbo, AIH, boost fooler, HPX. Nick,(Weekendwarrior) Jeff (WA.Ranger), Mark (Miller Outdoors), Brandon (BDrummons), Peter (DuckFan) and of course Ed for being the boss..

A big thanks to everyone else that has helped and BS'd with me.. HKusp, Huck, Bfife, ZIggy, JD and countless others that have made this place such a home.

I'm sure there are a ton of ppl i'm forgetting so a huge thanks to all!!!

ohh.. and ernesteugene for making me go talk to engineering professors at school to better grasp his knowledge!!

THANKS to everyone and I can't wait to wrench with you guys again!!
Great post princess. I also have all you to thank for all the things that I did not know the truck even needed...

Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
OH SHUCKS PRINCESS!

THANKS BRO.

you da man!

I mean wo-man!

Old 01-27-2010, 03:11 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Andrew. You ever get that stove all hooked up? How does it work?