Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Welders?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
TEAM HARD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welders?

Are there any welders here from the Pittsburgh area... Not looking for a freebie or even a discount... just would rather give a fellow Ford guy the business. I only need a muffler and some stainless pipe welded after i make my selection (still hammering out what Im going to do... V10 makes it complicated). I will need some rod stock to make some hangers out of to utilize the stock hanger locations also. I will also be putting Flowmaster's on the 'lil woman's Lincoln LS, so its two jobs. Ill bring a jack/stands or some ramps for the Lincoln if you dont have a lift.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
Man I can do it just don't have the time. There is this plcae in clay pa called red run exhaust (I think) and they do great exhaust work. They are cheap too. I'll look in my father truck for there bussiness card tonight!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
TEAM HARD
Senior User
that would be great... Im not sure where clay is in relation to where I am... but Ill see if I can look it up. Im not doing this tomorrow or anything, this is more like a "before summer" project. So if I have to wait for someone to have time its no big deal.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TEAM HARD
that would be great... Im not sure where clay is in relation to where I am... but Ill see if I can look it up. Im not doing this tomorrow or anything, this is more like a "before summer" project. So if I have to wait for someone to have time its no big deal.
It in lancaster. I couldn't find there bussiness card but going to try looking them up.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
I found this buy typing it into google. I think this is the place. Red Run Exhaust - Ephrata, PA, 17522

Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 AM
TEAM HARD
Senior User
Thanks doug, they are a little far if they're in Lancaster. Im in Baltimore a lot for work so its possible that I may swing up Rt30 and check them out.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Team Hard I don't have facilities outside of the workplace but I can hook you up with guys who do. Got an old pal in Penn Hills that is a master fabricator and a die hard mud racer. Oh and he's been driving Ford trucks all of the 30 odd years we've been friends. Have another friend in Fawn Township who can handle it also. He's mostly a Chevy guy he's got a couple of Ford tow trucks. Both guys have lifts.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
jimmyb08SD
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Redcat, say hello to the Mud Missile for me? Have you guy's had any more meets at PGH Mills?

Old 04-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimmyb08SD
Hey Redcat, say hello to the Mud Missile for me? Have you guy's had any more meets at PGH Mills?
Haven't had any meets. I think when the economy tanked it put a lot of guy's projects on hold or they sold stuff just to pay bills. I got hit pretty hard but not as bad as some. Things are better for me at least and I hope others are doing okay. Next time I talk to Chuck I'll tell him you said hi. He's busy with the Missile and building boat engines.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:57 PM
jimmyb08SD
Posting Guru
Glad to here you are doing fine, all is well for us down here in Fl. Do you still here from any of the other local guy's up there? have any of you guy's made it out to Carlise for the big meet, I see they are now on the 3rd annual meet.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimmyb08SD
Glad to here you are doing fine, all is well for us down here in Fl. Do you still here from any of the other local guy's up there? have any of you guy's made it out to Carlise for the big meet, I see they are now on the 3rd annual meet.
Haven't heard from anyone in awhile but I'm not on as much either. I'm working 2 jobs these days so free time is scarce. I'm gonna try to make Carlisle this year. I'm hoping to take my 72 to a show in Uniontown this coming weekend if the weather cooperates.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
jimmyb08SD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Redcat Diesel
Haven't heard from anyone in awhile but I'm not on as much either. I'm working 2 jobs these days so free time is scarce. I'm gonna try to make Carlisle this year. I'm hoping to take my 72 to a show in Uniontown this coming weekend if the weather cooperates.
Sorry to here you have to work two jobs and are being deprived of your FORD time, that should be illegal! I think you should get a bail out, so you can enjoy your truck more!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry for the O/T post, but make sure to post up if you guys set something up at Pgh Mills. I'm not far from there (in Plum)...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Redcat Diesel
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Sorry for the O/T post, but make sure to post up if you guys set something up at Pgh Mills. I'm not far from there (in Plum)...
That's an idea we ought to look into. Pgh Mills is a couple miles from me.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
Hey Clay - any chance any of those guys do welding for body sheetmetal at all, or are they strictly doing framework and heavier duty stuff? I have rust issues that I need addressed on the Explorer that require welding (I have the panels) and maybe I could fanangle something to happen since I'm out here in C-berry for now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welders?