Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

I miss my Bronco.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I miss my Bronco.

My best pal hit a deer just before Christmas in his 2007 Mustang, caused quite a bit of damage.

He only got about a months worth of rental car time on his insurance so he needed something to drive while he waits for the repairs to be completed on his car.

So I lent him my Bronco(I did say he is my best pal Frank) for the last three weeks, of course I've seen it a couple of times in the time period but I miss being able to just go out and take it for a drive down to the crappy tire or Princess Auto.

Well not all is bad his Mustang should be ready tomorrow so after work I will be getting my Bronco back

On the up side my wives been happy she gets to park her Ranger at the top of the driveway for the last three weeks.

Rick.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
"(I did say he is my best pal Frank)"Wow, you have a best pal named Frank ? You are a lucky man!

I thought you would have shoe horned the Bronco into your garage to keep it out of the elements for the winter. Mind you we haven't had much of a winter so hopefully it won't get exposed to any salt or slush. Even with Rust Check salt is going to prevail in time. We know from Neil Young that Rust Never Sleeps and of course... It's better to burn out than to fade away....but thats another topic.

I got the itch to drive the '77 but it's blocked in for the duration. I did start it up last week and let it run for a godd 15-20min. Those portable garages do a wonderful job containing carbon mmonoxide , man was it thick when i went back in to shut it down, had to hold my breath.

Ironically, I got an email from my insurance company last week too. They informed me that they are changing the way that they calculate premiums. Instead of using a range of mileage for the commute to work they are using actual mileage so they wanted to confirm information that they had on file. I can see it now, just like cell phones, per second billing. I sarcastically responded that I was looking forward to more affordable rates as a result of their initiative! I have one truck for daily commuting and one for "pleasure use" , problem is that I toggle the between the two depending on the circumstances. I can see that going away too and I'll have to pay as if I'm driving both trucks at the same time, a feat that is impossible anywhere else except the distorted reality that is the Automotive Insurance business in this province.

Having said all that, it certainly is very nice of you to let your buddy use the truck. I don't think I would if i was in your shoes, but then again people who know me wouldn't even ask during the winter.We will have to present you with an Ontario Chapter Humantiarian Award, or a cup of coffee considering our budget constraints!

Frank

Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My truck is insured as 3rd vehicle 2 drivers pleasure use only too, and it still costs more to insure than it did just a few years ago as a daily driver. F'ing insurance scammers!

I was going to chew out Rick for loaning his baby out so long, but I let a friend borrow my truck half the summer too for house renovations. There are very few people I trust with my truck, but anyone can have the Focus or Montana...

Old 01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
harleyfx
Freshman User
Real Friends

Originally Posted by Red Ford Truck

So I lent him my Bronco(I did say he is my best pal Frank) for the last three weeks, of course I've seen it a couple of times in the time period but I miss being able to just go out and take it for a drive down to the crappy tire or Princess Auto.

Rick.
Wow Rick, Its hard to find real friends like that today. I think I would not be able to sleep at night knowing someone else had my baby. I just went out the other day for a little ride in the truck and realized how much fun it was to just go for a ride in the truck by myself and just cruise. I know its sucks not to be able to cause we have been down to one car for the last year until I picked up the truck. It has been hard and when I went out on my little cruise I felt like a teenager again cruisin in my first car, (1969 olds Cutlass). Those were the simple times, gas was only 29 cents a litre, I need those prices for my truck now, cause she just loves it, I swear the gas gauge moves from the minute I start it.
I hope you get your bronco back real soon, take her out for a ride as soon as she gets home !!! Tell her you missed her !!!

Cheers
Ray

Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Well my pal called around 2:00p:m.......

The stripe guy won't be in until Wednesday so looks like my wife has a couple of more days parking at the top of the driveway.

I must admit after talking to my pal I wondered if he heard the disappointment in my voice.

You speak of gas money Ray, well I throw all my change in a little bank on my dresser after work everyday after about 4 or 5 months it adds up to about $90 which goes directly in the gas tank of the Bronco.

Come on Wednesday

Rick.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:27 PM
harleyfx
Freshman User
One more sleep Rick LOL

gas grass or a$$ no one rides for free !!

Old 02-06-2010, 07:00 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
I haven't checked in in awhile glad to hear it wasn;t you that hit the deer Rick.

TFC

Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Thanks Jeff.

Originally Posted by truckfarmingcanuck
I haven't checked in in awhile glad to hear it wasn;t you that hit the deer Rick.

TFC
My guess is the Bronco just may have done better than my pals Mustang

How's the new high speed going?

Have you checked out the 2009 truck show pictures I posted yet?

I'm guessing a lot easier task to do with high speed.

Rick.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Funny you mention that Rick I did check out all the pictures. High speed is great we've moved out of the cave. Looks like it was a dandy show. We have the dates booked off already for this year.

See you all there
TFC

Old 02-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Shold be a great show this year.

Funny you mention that Rick I did check out all the pictures. High speed is great we've moved out of the cave. Looks like it was a dandy show. We have the dates booked off already for this year.

See you all there
TFC
Andy says he's coming and he's going to bring "Whitey"

How many Trucks are you planning on bringing?

Rick.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:28 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
We're hoping to bring 2 this year if I can spring my brother free maybe more.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Hey the more the merrier.

We're hoping to bring 2 this year if I can spring my brother free maybe more.
The Bronco will be coming as a convertible this year and with any luck part time four wheel drive

Rick.