Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Senior User

nordvik72 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Got my 56" flange to flange 9 inch rear end now i need axles.

Ive been looking around for some axles for my nine inch but not sure of what it came out of. its about 56 inches from flange to flange so it will finally fit in bettween my fenders. i would like to buy a OEM type axle nothing crazy. i read in the articles above you could use '77-'79 T-bird, Cougar, LTD II, Ranchero, and '73-up Torinos left side (driver's side) axle but where do they sell them besides the junk yard.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Elder User

HD74 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordvik72 View Post
Ive been looking around for some axles for my nine inch but not sure of what it came out of. its about 56 inches from flange to flange so it will finally fit in bettween my fenders. i would like to buy a OEM type axle nothing crazy. i read in the articles above you could use '77-'79 T-bird, Cougar, LTD II, Ranchero, and '73-up Torinos left side (driver's side) axle but where do they sell them besides the junk yard.
Currie, Currie Enterprises - Custom Rearends, Jeep/Off-road Parts, Crate Rearends, 4x4 Rearends
1981 FLH
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts l 800-230-3030 Ford direct fit rear axles, Alloy USA stronger than OEM < 100.00 each.
If the pumpkin is in the center of the axle (equal length axle shafts) it's likely out of a truck, unequal length likely out of a passenger car. There is plenty of ID info on the internet, you'll need to know if 28 or 31 spline, large or small bearing, bolt pattern desired. Even custom axles are not horribly expensive if you want a different bolt pattern or special length.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hopefully you have the original nine inch truck backing plates, brake assemblies, and axle retainer plates because you will need them to use with the passenger car axles...

1949 F-1
Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior User

nordvik72 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods View Post
Hopefully you have the original nine inch truck backing plates, brake assemblies, and axle retainer plates because you will need them to use with the passenger car axles...
yeah i do i had another 9 inch but it was alittle to wide.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
56, 9, axle, currie, curry, driveshaft, end, flange, flanges, ford, inch, junkyard, length, rear, unequal