Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Senior User

mike1589 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2000 f150 lift

ok so i just bought another truck..a 2000 f150, and i plan on puttin a 6 inch lift and a 3 inch body lift on it, anyone got some pics? im also wonderin what size tires thatll fit, ive heard of people fittin 40s with that setup
Old 01-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Senior User

highteckredneck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
johnbradley cinguler
Click the image to open in full size.

here is mine, got a 6" fabtech lift with 35's. i am not sure about fittin 40" tires with just 9" of lift 6+3" body but i know for fact you can do 38's.

2006 F-250 6.0L, 6" lift 35" TOYO open county MT/ 20" XD monster wheels, 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust with 5" tip, Banks 6-gun tuner and IQ monitor, rancho dual steering stabilizers, high idle switch, blue spring update, ARP studs, powermax turbo, EGR deleted, dieselite coolant filter, 6.4L banjo bolts, new HPOP, new standpipes, 08 exhaust gaskets.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
Click the image to open in full size.

found this truck at farmboycustoms in florida. they make the kit for the solid axle swap i am fixing to attempt. it has 44" swampers with about 16" of lift.

2006 F-250 6.0L, 6" lift 35" TOYO open county MT/ 20" XD monster wheels, 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust with 5" tip, Banks 6-gun tuner and IQ monitor, rancho dual steering stabilizers, high idle switch, blue spring update, ARP studs, powermax turbo, EGR deleted, dieselite coolant filter, 6.4L banjo bolts, new HPOP, new standpipes, 08 exhaust gaskets.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
my bad, i meant farm boy fabrications of florida.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior User

fordf150farmer is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey highteck, where did ya get those 4x4 stickers? mine are all cracked from age and id like to replace them with somethin different. thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
i had them custom made from a place by my house. they cost me about 30 bucks for both of them but they are saved in their computer so amytime they come off or start to peel i can just go get some more. the ones i have are cut from a rebel flag but they can do any design you want.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
here is a websight i was looking at before i got them made.

4x4 Decal, Ford Decals, Ford Emblem, Stickers, Graphics, Parts and Accessories

Old 01-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Senior User

fordf150farmer is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey thanks. i wasnt sure if you had them done or just bought them on line. i got a guy by me that i can go to and he is supposed to be good. i may have to check it out.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
oh yea, its always great to have a little peice of somthing on your truck that nobody else has, you know as in custom accessory, lol. good luck

Old 01-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior User

highteck, i like how your truck sits. i wasnt sure if the 6 inch lift would make a big difference but it actually does, which is good to know cuz i wont be doing all 9 inches at one time, i ll have to work my way up to it
Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1589 View Post
highteck, i like how your truck sits. i wasnt sure if the 6 inch lift would make a big difference but it actually does, which is good to know cuz i wont be doing all 9 inches at one time, i ll have to work my way up to it
thanks mike, do you know whick your lift your gona get first? 6" does make alot of difference from a stock truck. i pulled beside one the other day and took a pic so you could see the hieght difference between them but i havent posted the pic yet.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Senior User

ya id like to see that, and ill probably go with the 6 first and get the most expensive part out of the way.. how much is the rear lifted on yours? i looked at a few kits that only lifted the back 3.5, but i found one i think its BDS that lifts the rear 5.5 inches, its more expensive but id rather have the extra 2 inches in the back
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1589 View Post
ya id like to see that, and ill probably go with the 6 first and get the most expensive part out of the way.. how much is the rear lifted on yours? i looked at a few kits that only lifted the back 3.5, but i found one i think its BDS that lifts the rear 5.5 inches, its more expensive but id rather have the extra 2 inches in the back
the lift that i bought came with lift blocks for the rear. i just had to unbolt the u-bolts, add the blocks and bolt it back down. everything was included in the lift. i paid about 2,000 bucks for it. are you going to install it?

Old 01-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Senior User

johnbradley cinguler
Quote:
Originally Posted by highteckredneck View Post
the lift that i bought came with lift blocks for the rear. i just had to unbolt the u-bolts, add the blocks and bolt it back down. everything was included in the lift. i paid about 2,000 bucks for it. are you going to install it?
wait i see what your sayin, the blocks are about 4.5" but the truck sits pretty level. i didnt crank my torsion bars or anything either.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Senior User

86moneypit is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought the same lift for my truck from BDS, but i went with the full boat and got the skid plate and the new rear leaf springs. I was happy with the whole package, and now that the leaf springs have beded in the truck is pretty level now. If you call a physical dealer for BDS u will get a better deal than on the web.

Check out my Home Page
My 2000 F-150
2000 F-150 XLT Super Cab 4X4 and a 5.4L
6" BDS Suspension Lift
35" Pro Comp Xtreme AT's
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150

Tags
04, 1997, 1999, 2002, 35s, 6, 6in, body, f150, ford, headers, installing, lift, shorty, truck