Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
Replacing Throttle Position Sensor - 5.4L 3V

Hey Guys,

My 2005 F350 5.4L 3V is throwing DTC P2104 and P2135. From my research, it appears that the "Throttle Position Sensor" needs to be replaced. The Part# is 6L2Z9B989C and costs $59.98 at FTEPARTSGUY.com.

How difficult is it to replace this part? Do I need to have the PCM re-flashed as part of the repair?

Thanks!

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Junior User

khangmai is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's fairly easy. Just disconnect the battery, remove the air intake plastic housing at the throttle body, replace the sensor, clear the code; then everything should be OK. I also would check for any shorted or grounded wire from the sensor to the GEM too.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.Furian has a great reputation on FTE.
I replaced the throttle position sensor today... that was the problem. Thanks for your help khangmia!

2005 F-350 XL, 4X4, RCLB, 5.4L 3V, TorqShift®, 4.10 LS, K&N CAI Kit, SCT Livewire w/ Custom Tunes from 5 Star Tuning
Old 02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Elder User

_Rick_ is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

Rick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furian View Post
I replaced the throttle position sensor today... that was the problem. Thanks for your help khangmia!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
You Keep What You Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rick_ View Post
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

Rick...
Absolutely! FTE is a great resource... I plan to be a supporter for many more years!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:43 PM
New User

noyfbj is starting off with a positive reputation.
nice - thank you

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Autozone read the codes from my 2006 F250, P2106 & P2135. Found this post, changed out the TPS and no more hesitation or sputtering. AND $60 instead of $460 - nice.

Thanks guys.
Carlyle
Old 08-14-2010, 11:55 PM
You Keep What You Kill

FTE... the gift that keeps on giving!

Old 11-13-2010, 02:16 PM
New User

HomerSimpson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dealer Service

Yesterday, my 2005 Expedition dash lit up with an array of service lights & messages (check engine, throttle body sensor, etc.), and shut down during driving. Dealer advises problem was with throttle body sensor & along with a number of other issues, recommended replacing sensor PLUS full cleaning of fuel injectors. Expensive procedure, and had just had dealer do a carbonic flush of injectors about 20,000 miles ago (currently have 90K miles).

Anyone feel strongly about the reccomendation to flush and manually clean all injectors in the 2.4L 3V?

Thanks for your comments!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:46 PM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Change the sensor and throw a can of Sea Foam into the gas tank on your next fill up.

Sea Foam | Motor Treatment

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
150, 2005, 2006, 54, 54l, 6l2z9b989c, body, code, dtc, engine, f150, ford, p2104, position, replace, sensor, throttle