New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

New Member Annoucement - mkoempel

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkoempel
So Doug is a hunter. I might just have to ask you some questions in the future about hunting. I never gone hunting, but I want to. I just don't know squat about hunting license, permits, or really anything else. I'm going to do some research first. Before I start asking anyone a bunch of newb questions.
Im new my self started this year! Ask way my friend! I know a good amount and have a few people that have done it for a while. I don't even have a riffle permit yet. Own 2 shot guns.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM
mkoempel
Junior User
Oh nice, Did you bag any Deer this year?

Things I need to know about: 1st. Is the license. How do I get one and where?
I know I need gun permits. I actually have guns, but there not in my name yet. They where left to me in a will. They are locked up in safe at my brothers house. He's a cop I figured they would be safer at his house till they are in my name.
I have to find out, when is rifle season, bow season, what am I looking for when I see a deer. Age, color, antlers.
There is a lot I need to know and learn. That's only a few things.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
Did you bag any Deer this year?
No

Things I need to know about: 1st. Is the license. How do I get one and where?
I when to hunterexam.com and did my field test on line. cost 25 bucks. Took me 4 nights!
I know I need gun permits. I actually have guns, but there not in my name yet. They where left to me in a will. They are locked up in safe at my brothers house. He's a cop I figured they would be safer at his house till they are in my name. You have to go to your local police station and get paper work. Take about half year to get! So do it now! Don't lie on it. Finger printing is 60.25 I beleave!
I have to find out, when is rifle season, bow season, what am I looking for when I see a deer. Age, color, antlers.
Season change year to year! I have not learn how to tell the deer size yet. only when out 1 day with a buddy and didn't see a thing.
There is a lot I need to know and learn. That's only a few things.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
mkoempel
Junior User
I'll check out the hunterexam.com site..
I know it usually takes a while to get guns permits. But half a year? Something is wrong there. I heard it shouldn't take any longer than 3 months. My brother is a cop and he even said it should not take more than 3 months to get a gun permit. I have some of the paper I need to apply for my gun permit and to get these guns I have into my name. I just had to wait for the will to be finalized.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
dougbrown
Postmaster
The for new permits it takes 3 to 6 months. I know it stinks.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:32 PM
mkoempel
Junior User
I swear I read someone once that if it takes more than the 3 months. To contact someone ( I forgot who) about it. So they can look into it. 9 out of 10 times it's because of your local police department. They push it aside and don't care. Which is illegal.