Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior User

seanjackmc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help finding diesel shop in detroit

Hey guys,
I looking for a good shop that would do a dpf delete on my F-250. You guys know of anywhere good? Im in Canton Mi between Ann Arbor and Detroit. Im having trouble finding a place that works on diesels.
Thanks for any help
SJM
Old 01-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Theirs a new member that is a Diesel mechanic in your area, send him a PM and maybe he can help.

His FTE name is - Fordmasterdieseltech - and you can find him in this thread - http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/92...-problems.html

KEEP means it's mine and you can't have it
BEAR means it's right here on me
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means **** You
Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Freshman User

fordmasterdieseltech is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah im located in clinton just outside of saline. i've installed a number of dpf delete kits and from my own personal experience 5-8 mpg gain depending of use of truck. defeintely a great upgrade. I work for a ford dealer doing all the diesel work during the day, but im open for side work after 6 pm and on weekends. if interested call me at 517-920-3048 or shoot me a pm.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Senior User

seanjackmc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Ford Tech,
My name is Sean, I live in Canton outside of Ann Arbor, Just guessing I would say only 25-30 min from your area. I would of pm'ed you but I cant figure out how. Is there a dpf kit you recommend? I was looking at the spartan set up. My other main concern is reliability issues. I use my truck as a daily driver and dont do any towing. I just want some more get up and better mpg. Does the delete hurt the reliability of the trucks? I only have 3,500 miles. Would it be smart to wait until Ive got some more miles on it before doing anything? Thanks for your help. If I decide to do the delete I would love to work out a deal with you for the install. I was thinking of doing it in the next few months if I can get my wife on board. Late Feb early March, need to sell my harley first.
Thanks again
Sean
Old 01-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Freshman User

fordmasterdieseltech is starting off with a positive reputation.
ive installed them on trucks that left the showroom floor 50 miles prior to me installing the kit. the fuel mileage increase alone will pay for the kit in 3-4 months. it wont hurt itt what so ever. yeah when your ready give me a shout 517-920-3048. thanks chris
Old 01-20-2010, 05:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
517, 9203048