N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Took the Truck Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:05 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Took the Truck Out

I took my truck out for a spin around Mare Island Naval Shipyard this evening. This is its first trek since Dan got it started last week. It ran pretty good. I think the carb and idle may have to be adjusted though. I am curious if the electrical issue that we patched and stopping the fuel leak would make both of those be off.

I found a nice twenty yard mud stretch. The truck has not been 4wd in three years, so I got out and turned in the hubs, put it in 4H and went through it with out it even noticing. I turned around and put it in 4L and did it again. The front end made a whining noise, but I don't think that was anything new. To be honest, I haven't driven that truck in 4wd since 1995 so I can't remember what it would sound like.

Overall, the truck did well and now has muddy fenders. Now I am ready for all of the bad weather coming.

How is your weekend?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:13 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Weekend is cold and foggy!
hey, I think the "whine" might be okay, or bad...but have to hear it first...I can pick up a little "Whine" in my '83 Chebby when I go 4 low, has to be from the T-case...all depends on what you're hearing...whine is okay-IMO...growl is bad!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
tha joker
Junior User
well being 10 miles from ya you know we had decent weather for the first time in a while,so i installed my exhaust,intake and dp tuner..wow im excited....i love it

Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are the front u jount good karl when was the last ime u ceck them