1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door handles broke!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:02 PM
bigred90
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door handles broke!

My passanger door handle was broke into 3 months and now my driver's door handle was broke, so I think it's time for me to replace these suckers. If I was too replace the passanger and driver door handles with the rear handles(no key lock), How hard would they installation be and would i just need the door handle or is there other assembly parts? Thank you in advance, I am really in a bind here.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:22 PM
fordtech08
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what do you have?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by fordtech08
what do you have?
Good point. Ford has been making the 250350 for decades now, so we kind of need to know the year model. Assuming you're talking about the newer super duty trucks, you can install the read door handles up front without too much trouble, but they can easily be pried out with a screwdriver. If you're not scared of fixing the door after a break in attempt, look into a set of Jimmy Jammers.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 PM
bigred90
Freshman User
lol sorry guys totally forgot about the year/model. I have a 2004 F350. I do want to invest in the jimmy jammers but would buy the handles, next week when i get paid get the jimmy jammers. If i installed the rear handles+jimmi jammers, would it still be easy to break in? If so i could get the regular driver side door handle as the lock itself wasn't damaged on that side.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:57 AM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Super easy to put rear door handles on the front doors. No extra parts needed. Remove the rods that go from the door latch to where the lock cylinders used to be so they wont rattle. You wont need Jimmie Jammers if you do this mod.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:22 PM
bigred90
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JKBrad
Super easy to put rear door handles on the front doors. No extra parts needed. Remove the rods that go from the door latch to where the lock cylinders used to be so they wont rattle. You wont need Jimmie Jammers if you do this mod.
Thank you! Would Jimmi Jammers help or would they be useless? Being broken into twice in three months has made me retardedly paranoid lol. And I dont think my profile says it but I am in San Antonio, Tx so nice to see somebody in the same neck of the woods.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had my passenger side door keyed handle replaced with the non-keyed version after someone punched my lock and broke into the truck at Christmas. I however would not replace both front door handles with non-keyed versions. How would you unlock your truck in the event of a bad or dead battery and the keyless unit wouldn't work?
As for your truck being broken into so many times...WOW!! I think I would just leave the truck unlocked with a note on the window saying "Proceed at your own risk. Truck as been broken into so many times there is nothing left to steal. However, if you are caught either breaking into my truck or in my truck....You will Be Shot...Survivors will be arrested"

Old 01-17-2010, 08:07 AM
njneer1
Posting Guru

Here's a cheap place to order them since yours are getting destroyed so often......I've gotten several things here and the quality has been good so far.
Ford F-Series Pickup Truck Parts | Aftermarket Ford Auto Parts - 1A Auto

Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
JKBrad
The Jimmie Jammers are useless, since there is no lock rod left (the rod from the lock cylinder to the latch). The rod is what opens your door when they pry it.

My truck has been modded like this for almost 3 years (I did it when it was brand new) and hasn't been touched. That's Almost a miracle in San Antonio.

Of course, don't leave ANYTHING sitting out that can be seen that will tempt a thief and always be careful where you park.

As for the battery issue. If the battery goes out in the remote, use the keypad. If the battery goes dead in the truck, you can connect a jumper cables to the starter leads underneath the truck. Rarely would a battery be so dead that there isn't enough juice to cycle the locks.

If they really want in they will break the glass, but these week door handles can be pried open as fast as it takes someone to use a key. That's why these trucks are targeted, because it's so easy and the risk is low. You would not even know if and experienced thief was breaking into a truck next to you, that's how fast and easy they get in.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 AM
spinella
Postmaster
[quote= [COLOR="Red"]"Proceed at your own risk. Truck as been broken into so many times there is nothing left to steal. However, if you are caught either breaking into my truck or in my truck....You will Be Shot...Survivors will be arrested"[/[/COLOR]quote]

sounds like that might be a new decal, jon.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:10 PM
bigred90
Freshman User
The Jimmie Jammers are useless, since there is no lock rod left (the rod from the lock cylinder to the latch). The rod is what opens your door when they pry it.

My truck has been modded like this for almost 3 years (I did it when it was brand new) and hasn't been touched. That's Almost a miracle in San Antonio.

Of course, don't leave ANYTHING sitting out that can be seen that will tempt a thief and always be careful where you park.

As for the battery issue. If the battery goes out in the remote, use the keypad. If the battery goes dead in the truck, you can connect a jumper cables to the starter leads underneath the truck. Rarely would a battery be so dead that there isn't enough juice to cycle the locks.

If they really want in they will break the glass, but these week door handles can be pried open as fast as it takes someone to use a key. That's why these trucks are targeted, because it's so easy and the risk is low. You would not even know if and experienced thief was breaking into a truck next to you, that's how fast and easy they get in.

Yea i figured I could just have an extra battery some where to prevent that happening. Ok then it looks like I can just get the 2 passenger door handles. JKBrad, do you have the plastic handles or the newer aluminum ones? And The stock plastic ones are the textured black, not the smooth correct? The second time they didn't even take anything as there wasn't even anything there to take.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:24 PM
fordtech08
Posting Guru
just be glad most thieves don't know that you can unlock the door using the attenna on doors with or with out the lock cylinder

Old 01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
JKBrad
They're all plastic. Ford doesn't make aluminum one that i'm aware of.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:08 PM
bigred90
Freshman User
They're all plastic. Ford doesn't make aluminum one that i'm aware of.
ah ok, whats the differences between the smooth and textured? I can't find pics of the smooth.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:51 PM
JKBrad
Smooth ones are meant to be painted.

Quick Reply: door handles broke!