Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
sunstatefranko Baconator 2000
where to get a reman 4R100

I would like some experianced opinions on where to purchase a decent reman/rebuilt trans.

I don't want to break the bank... would love a $4000 bullet proof trans, but Its just not in the budget right now.

A friend has almost 100k on his "Jasper" with no problems,(01 F350) and he does frequent heavy towing. I have never personally dealt with them or any other "big trans rebuid companys" so your opinion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Early '99 F350 Lariat 2WD 7.3, BTS Trans w/ 6.0 cooler, BTS tunes, 6637 w/Riffraff cover, 4"MBRP, Isspro EV2 gauges, Ranch Hand, 2"leveling kit. HPx, FRx, Coolant Filter, Hutch,Harpoon, NVK5, Terminator-T500, Rosewood stage 1's, 120 IDM
Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Elder User

8tsixt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Most here will tell you to go with a BTS trans. Best of luck to you on your search.

2000 F350 CC Dually 2wd, 2004 Passat (commuter) 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium(commuter) and many more. Socal chapter member, RHN member.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
No matter what you do your going to spend about 3500-4000 for a tranny... What are you looking for and at what price range?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
No matter what you do your going to spend about 3500-4000 for a tranny... What are you looking for and at what price range?
A stock trans. and under $2000 if possible...

Early '99 F350 Lariat 2WD 7.3, BTS Trans w/ 6.0 cooler, BTS tunes, 6637 w/Riffraff cover, 4"MBRP, Isspro EV2 gauges, Ranch Hand, 2"leveling kit. HPx, FRx, Coolant Filter, Hutch,Harpoon, NVK5, Terminator-T500, Rosewood stage 1's, 120 IDM
Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko72 View Post
A stock trans. and under $2000 if possible...

Junk yard my friend... Bet you can find one at a wrecking yard for about that, maybe a bit less with your core.

If you find one you will want to see it with the stock TC still attched to see if its burned the clutch disks, pull the drain and smell the fluid...

Not one out of a 2001...

Throw a valve body in and a new TC and you should be good.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Junk yard my friend... Bet you can find one at a wrecking yard for about that, maybe a bit less with your core.

If you find one you will want to see it with the stock TC still attched to see if its burned the clutch disks, pull the drain and smell the fluid...

Not one out of a 2001...

Throw a valve body in and a new TC and you should be good.
I have a new tc and flywheel, and have plans on a JW valve body, so that may be an option....Thanks for the help.

Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Senior User

OTTOMATIC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try here: BBB Review of Bill's Transmission in Panama City, FL

I have over 123,000 on one of his. They were highly recomended. They rebuild all the city and countys' ford trucks and buses.

06 Chevy LBZ 6.6 Dmax 158,000 mi + a few mods
95 MB 300E diesel 291,000 mi
Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Post Fiend

aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.
Problem is you have mods. If you get a tech like I know who makes it his life mission to tattle on anyone with mods on their truck, you might not be under warranty. Not saying it will happen every time but it could. You should be aware of that and probably plan on not having a warranty.

The only shops I know of are BTS and JW that don't care and don't car as much respectively. BTS doesn't care what you do. You break it, he fixes it. JW has either the Stage 1 for more than 350 or the Towmaster for less than 350HP. BTS will warranty it for as long as you own the trans and JW is limited to 2 or 3 yrs and 50K miles, IIRC. ATS used to say that unless you get a program that they approve of, you have no warranty. I heard it has changed but who knows.

I prefer to spend the money one time and not have to worry about it again. Is it cheaper in the long run? I think so.
01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. 203* thermostat and billet housing
Old 01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Senior User

rednekrebel28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I stumbled across this webstite last night. Might be worth checking into? Its awful cheap. See what you think, maybe give them a call and see if it has internals in it. lol
TRANS SPECIALTIES : Ford 4R100 Rebuilt Transmission Remanufactured and rebuilt automatic transmissions, transmission parts and torque converters
Old 01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Post Fiend

bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednekrebel28 View Post
I stumbled across this webstite last night. Might be worth checking into? Its awful cheap. See what you think, maybe give them a call and see if it has internals in it. lol
TRANS SPECIALTIES : Ford 4R100 Rebuilt Transmission Remanufactured and rebuilt automatic transmissions, transmission parts and torque converters

That is for a gasser version of the 4r100. The Expedition in the description gave it away. While the gassers do utilize a 4r100 it will not bolt up to the 7.3 . I bet a diesel tranny would be higher.
PAA MEMBER # 7.3, 99.5 CC,4X4,SB, leveled,live tuned by Jody,1.15 van turbo w ATS housing,6.0 IC,AFE big boost filter, Petes Armour,fuel bowl delete,black MBRP stacks, 02 headlights,F650 dash, 16x10 MT wheels, 35" tires,and a bunch other stuff that wont fit in my sig. 425K and counting.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Molon Labe

I guess I better start saving my pennies...
www.drivetrain.com seems to have the cheapest, But you get what you pay for im sure...

Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Post Fiend

aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.aklim has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko72 View Post
I guess I better start saving my pennies...
www.drivetrain.com seems to have the cheapest, But you get what you pay for im sure...
It's only cheaper if it costs less in the long run. That is, unless you think the world ends in 2012. If you spend less now but more tomorrow, that is actually more expensive.
01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F5 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. 203* thermostat and billet housing
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
you can't fix stupid!

indyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
It's only cheaper if it costs less in the long run. That is, unless you think the world ends in 2012. If you spend less now but more tomorrow, that is actually more expensive.
i agree^^^^^^^^^^

bite the bullet and get the worry free trans. you wont regret it.....
Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor

dave at BD Power is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave at BD Power is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
BD Diesel

Sure I can sell you a 4K transmission if you like but I also have other options available.

I have a stock build kit for around $600.00US, having a transmission shop rebuild your transmission with one of these kit may get you under 2K installed. The stock build is a Stage 1 and I have stage 2, 3 and 4 kits available as well. The stage 4 build is the same as our BD Performance transmission, but for half the price. Our BD Transmission build-it kits will save you the core charges and the expensive shipping fees as well.

Hope this helps
Dave
Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Buy the "good" parts and do it yourself.

You'll come in under $2K.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
03, 2003, 350hp, 4r100, core, expedition, f350, ford, jasper, michigan, rebuild, reman, trans, transmission, wtb