1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Ford Representative joining us

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:39 PM
DBags
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received my 2011 F250 and I love it except the TPMS system on the tires. Does anyone know how to turn it off or defeat it? This is a very obnoxious system and my alarm is going off. I don't want to run my tires at 65 psi. That is way to hard and it makes my truck ride rough. On my Chev I could run my tires at whatever pressure I wanted especially in the winter when the snow is bad I like to run my tires much lower to give me better traction and also smooth out the ride over chunks of snow and ice. Any ideas?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
SARGE/AF
Senior User
VERY INFORMATIVE-CAN WE GET MORE?

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
He e-mailed me yesterday (late in the evening MI time!)
I am sure he will pop back in
Adrian,
I wish I had seen this thread back in the beginning of the year and I just read it and found it very informative, but now it is the end of the year and the truck has been on the market. I know that elect, interior, exterior, engine, frame, suspension Designers, testers, marketing, are all busy people and do not have the time to sit on the computer, with that in mind;
Can you talk with ford about possibly having a member of this site placed in contact with the different Ford offices so persons can post questions on here and then that 1 person can get the answer from the appropiate office and post it on here? Would like to have it occur at least 2 times a year but quarterly would be best.

Sarge
PS I would be glad to volunteer?

Old 12-21-2010, 02:20 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
We are working directly with Ford to get that.... stay tuned.

We already have a number of Ford reps that participate on the site as it is.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM
sailors30
Junior User
My small town rural FD is ready to purchase either a 2011 F550 4x4 6.7 diesel or (deep breath) a Dodge 5500 with 6.7 Cummins cab chassis. Our hang up is the DPF REGEN on the Ford, and engine access.

Trying to get correct info on what effect long term idle (1-3 Hrs) will have on it has been hard to find. Will the vehicle shut down after so long if it wants or needs to REGEN?

I see a new Operator Control option just came out, and would think that may help. The idea of not being able to complete an emergency call lasting hours in the field is causing us to look at other brands. We just can't be "out of service" because the PDF soot filter wants to play "afterburner" at the wrong time and place.

Rumor has it that the cab or fenders have to come off to work on the engine, please tell me that it isn't so.

Please help us out ASAP with any info, as we will have this rig in service for many many years.

Another question is about getting to belts and hoses for "normal" maintenance, can a person do this type work in house or is it all in a Ford shop because of very cramp space in the engine compartment.

Thanks again, Dave

Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Originally Posted by sailors30
My small town rural FD is ready to purchase either a 2011 F550 4x4 6.7 diesel or (deep breath) a Dodge 5500 with 6.7 Cummins cab chassis. Our hang up is the DPF REGEN on the Ford, and engine access.

Trying to get correct info on what effect long term idle (1-3 Hrs) will have on it has been hard to find. Will the vehicle shut down after so long if it wants or needs to REGEN?

I see a new Operator Control option just came out, and would think that may help. The idea of not being able to complete an emergency call lasting hours in the field is causing us to look at other brands. We just can't be "out of service" because the PDF soot filter wants to play "afterburner" at the wrong time and place.
One of our members, pbruckne who works for Ford posted some details on it:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ml#post9542838

Rumor has it that the cab or fenders have to come off to work on the engine, please tell me that it isn't so.

Please help us out ASAP with any info, as we will have this rig in service for many many years.

Another question is about getting to belts and hoses for "normal" maintenance, can a person do this type work in house or is it all in a Ford shop because of very cramp space in the engine compartment.

Thanks again, Dave
Actually this engine is apparently a lot better than the 6.0 and 6.4 - with almost all jobs not requiring the cab to come off.
Again, Paul (pbruckne) goes into further detail here:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ml#post9538940

Old 12-22-2010, 05:25 PM
sailors30
Junior User
Thanks guys, that was very good info and very quick, two thumbs up!

Dave

Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
SARGE/AF
Senior User
Originally Posted by sailors30

Thanks again, Dave
Dave one of our volunteer depts bought the 550 with the setup for crash truck and it comes with a bypass for that to allow long hours of idleing.

Sarge

Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
SARGE/AF
Senior User
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
We are working directly with Ford to get that.... stay tuned.

We already have a number of Ford reps that participate on the site as it is.

Thanks Adrian, I really appreciate what you did it was very informative for me and just help seal the deal from a "want but" to a "I am going to buy".
When the reps are going to be on here I would like to see a specific thread like you did with the other 2 to ask questions.
Some tasks I have now will be to;
get someone at ford to take the plunge and for the harley editions instead of another color scheme they offer it where you can get any of the colors previously offered.
Get ford to replace incandecent lights with LED like other manufactures are planning on, but do it first instead of aftermarket.

So maybe you can get the persons that we need to talk to on here.

Sarge

Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 AM
W7PSK
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I just wonder with all the technology available, why the company didnt include EGT/pyrometer in the guage cluster? It would be nice to keep an eye on it. I know the computer does, but would be nice to monitor. Would prefer it over oil temp especially since we have an oil temp guage up on the cluster already.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:15 PM
ogreyghost
Freshman User
What is best mileage to flush tranny in 2011 f350 and can I fill fuel into vent hose from transfer tank to oem tank???

Old 12-01-2014, 11:21 AM
spud57
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
All due respect but do you two realize this is a 4 year old thread? Last post was Jan 2011.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
droldsmorland
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Adam,
Thanks for being here. We need all the help we can get.
I'm attempting to install the factory back-up assist option in a 2011, F250, 4WD, 6.2 which was not originally equipped with said option.
I have the bumper with the sensors in it and the harness. I have to re-pin the bumper connector to match the chassis connector as the pin gender and cavity shape are different. Thats easy as I have the right molex pin connectors (I think) and a factory wire diagram. I also purchased the factory annunciator/brain box.
My question is where is the brain box located? Under the lower left dash or in the door by the speaker? I have an exploded view but its unclear and so far nobody here has been able to answer that.
Secondly the new brain box comes with an instructional sheet which says it needs to be programmed using the "old" or original box. Well in my case there was never and old box. Can this new box be programmed into the ECM at the dealer? If so any specific language I need to use so the service writer has a good idea of my needs and can put the best Tech on it? TX!

Old 12-01-2014, 01:31 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
I'm closing this thread, its no longer relevant.