Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

January BS

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
January BS

Well I will start this month off just a few days late.

Hey give me a break! It was my birthday after all. Had about thirty people sing happy birthday to me at Skyline.

Other than that I am just enjoying time with the baby before I start back to school next Tues. Oh yeah and trying to stay warm. It seems I have been sick for the past two weeks and have had a heck of a time with either sleeping or staying warm.

What about you guys?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Worked a little over the holidays, but not much. Went to Chicago last week with the wife and kids. Hoped to get into the aquarium, but with a line a mile long outside in 10 degree weather, it wasn't worth the wait. So, we went to the museum next door, and had a good time. I could have spent a couple days there, but with a 2 year old and a 6 year old, that wasn't gonna happen. We also stopped at the Fair Oaks Dairy farm in Indiana. That was neat to see. I saw nothing new since I was raised on a dairy farm, just not one that big! Got to see a calf be born which was exciting for Lisa and the kids to see. I have seen plenty of them, so it wasn't new to me. But it was a good time. They are also the official milk for the Indianapolis Colts. Perhaps that's why they are so good.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well to start with, JANUARY WEATHER IS BS!!!!!!!! Now then that is out, I have just one thing to say, GOOOOOOOOOO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Hey come on guys, no one got anything to say lol. I thought I might atleast get some Bungle fans after me lol. Well after todays games we will see if I can still brag or not. The way the jets put it ot the Bengals last week should have people worried around these part.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:43 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
the cowboys won almost as well as the jets last week. it is you and the cowboys that should be worried. lol. bengals and eagles just rolled over to lull them and into a false sense of security. maybe???

me? I will be watching the wildcats then flipping the channel during commercials to see if last week was a fluke or not.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Well the Eagles did have something to play for in that game. If they won they would have been the #2 sed at had home field and a first round bye. I don't think they rolled over. The bengles on the other had just couldn't get it together it seemed. Even ocho left the game on a lame excuse of his knee bothering him. I think they just got shut down. Guess we will see what happens today. I love the play offs but I hate the idea of no more football for about 7 months, I love the game and miss it when it is done for the season.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
whjco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had a nice holidays. Took our travel trailer to Colonial Williamsburg for a couple of days, then to Danville, VA to visit friends and then to Winston-Salem, NC to see Old Salem decorated for Christmas. On New Years Eave, we went to a bluegrass jam session at Bojangles Chicken in Yadkinville, NC, then back to Winston-Salem where we attended our first Moravian Love Feast-Watch Night service which was great.

When we got back, our poor Excursion and trailer both looked like a brick of salt, so I hooked the pressure washer up to the hot water heater and spent 2 hours washing them off in 15 degree cold. At least I got all the salt off and out from under them.

My PSD E350 van started getting a little cranky about starting in the cold weather, so I took it to NTB to replace the five year old batteries in it. It's a booger to change the second battery on the van because it's on the frame rail under the van. The other one's under the hood and takes about 10 minutes.

In December, the Excursion suddenly started throwing codes and said that 4 glow plugs had failed. I think it was really due to the under-rocker wiring harness so I replaced it and all the glow plugs while it was apart. It's doing great now. It also got a new pair of sway bar bushings. It's got almost 118k on it now and is still running the original ball joints which are holding up great.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Man what a life. The computer actually tells you if the glowplugs are shot? Me I gotta use a multimeter and check the ohms lol. Glad you made that trip ok what with all the screwy weather all over. Ryan, seems it was not a fluke those jets did it again and as for the other game.......WHATTA BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! Man it has been a long time for us and I for one feel kinda vindicated. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was 4 years old so I have been with them though all the good and bad, nice to have the good back.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-thread-9.html

I made a stop while in West Virginia. Scroll down the page for a post by Precious One. Post #125

Old 01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
No way I would go that way right now. Way to much snow and cold... waits it's cold here too but not all the snow.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
I watched a little bit of the cowboys game, they played quite well. Bengals did a little better but not enough to win or even come close.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Ok guys I hope that all this inactivity means that everyone is busy at work or something. I know we are, just no overtime yet. Is anyone besides John and I going to the get together in london on fe. 6?

Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
I got a PM from Patrick and it looks like he will be there too. He said he just installed a water/methanol injection system on his truck. He should be making some serious power.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Cool. The more the better. Hey it is in our backyard so we should be there if possible.