Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > South Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Posting Guru

deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.
i want to move soouth

we've been thinking about it and was wondering what place to look into. gotta be good for kids,like to be close to the shore and most of all CHEAP.
Official FTE Slackmaster #12
1996 Bronco XLT-351-superwinch hubs-rampage soft top-optima bat-33 BFG Mud Ter-Skyjacker shks-2.5 lift-KnN cold air-energy bushings
27ft 95 Skyline Aljo
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Posting Guru

monckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to behold
Are you retired or will you be looking for work? SC unemployment is high at the moment.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Posting Guru

deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.deadeyedevon has a very good reputation on FTE.
i will be looking for work, but hopefully wount hae to make much. if i sell my house i can buy something and not end up payin much
1996 Bronco XLT-351-superwinch hubs-rampage soft top-optima bat-33 BFG Mud Ter-Skyjacker shks-2.5 lift-KnN cold air-energy bushings
27ft 95 Skyline Aljo
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

monckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to behold
Housing and land are usually very reasonable. What sort of work do you do?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Posting Guru

electrical and low voltage..but i can do whatever. my wife is in the nursing/medical field
27ft 95 Skyline Aljo
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Posting Guru

Plenty of medical gigs due to plenty of hospitals, not much electrical as far as construction goes.

Boeing is building/expanding their Dreamliner plant in Charleston, which is an easy commute from many nice areas. I don't live in Charleston, so maybe a member from there will chime in. Unemployment in my area (Sumter County-Clarendon County) is 14-percent!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Posting Guru

as long as the wife can get steady work we would be good. what are houses goin for down there?
27ft 95 Skyline Aljo
Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Postmaster

19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
Check out Horry County and the Myrtle Beach area. The area has been hammered with foreclosures so you should be able to pick up a great deal on a house. A lot of people have/are retiring to the area so the prospects for employment in the medical field should be good. Construction was pretty strong there but much weaker now but should return. Probably have a good chance of finding something in your field if not immediately somewhere in the near future. The Charleston area might be a good fit but I think housing is a little more expensive there.

54 F100
01 F150
Old 01-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Posting Guru

thanks for the help, im lookin into it
27ft 95 Skyline Aljo
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Post Fiend

tin-man is a name known to alltin-man is a name known to alltin-man is a name known to alltin-man is a name known to alltin-man is a name known to alltin-man is a name known to all
Good evening deadeye, I live in Greenville! No Beach, but alot of Hospitals and nice Mountain's and Lake's!!

I moved here from Georgia and Love it!! Good Luck!!

Put your first name in your sig?

Join the SC chapter HERE
Master Slacker#12
True compassion puts love in action
Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Elder User

mercman86 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The wife and I are gonna be in the Charleston area around Christmas/new years time. Possibly looking for a permanent spot. Im in the boat busines so if we were gonna pull the trigger on moving to SC in the next couple years I would like to be along to coast in the Charleston/ Mt. Plesant area. What other communities are around there on the coast that are safe and nice in general? I heard good things about Summerville but the wife thinks thats too far from Charleston and the coast in general. My cousin has a condo on James Island near the Publix, and its gonna be for sale, but i think it might be a little outta the budget. The Island looks like it has several nice communities to settle in.

Any other Ideas?

Thanks!
1966 Falcon Ranchero 200ci I6 FCA#13787
2011 Escape XLS
2012 Mustang V6
Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Elder User

Chugalug is starting off with a positive reputation.
Summerville aint far from the beach. It is also close to where the Boing plant will be located in North Charleston.
If I was young I would be all over that Boing place.
My daughter used to live in Summerville but moved back to the Greenville area.
I have lived in Laurens most of my life and am retired. Liveing is cheap in my area.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Posting Guru

Summerville is nice.
The smart move is to get reasonable property, not live on the beach. It's easy to drive there.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Senior User

Red69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Edisto Island is very nice. It's a family type place for vacationers with some full time residents.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Posting Guru

AndeyHall is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not really sure what your definition of "close to the beach" is, but I live in Anderson (really close to the Greenville guy) and it's about 5 hours from Myrtle Beach and 3.5-4 hours from Charleston. That's about as far away from the beach as you can get and still be in SC. I love it here. To me it's the perfect blend if you're a smaller town type person. Anderson is getting pretty decent sized now...plenty to keep yourself occupied, but if you really want to get busy and big-cityish, Greenville is just a short ways up the road. Then if you want to go big time, Atlanta is only 1.5-2 hours away, the beach is close enough (for me anyways...hell, my dad drive 4.5 hours to Myrtle Beach almost every weekend to work on the beach houses), if you like shopping, the mall in Greenville is pretty decent sized, the Mall of Georgia is HUGE and only like an hour to an hour and half...Just an awesome area if you ask me. We live inside the city, which is busy enough for me, but I like open fields and trees and less development, and you only have to drive about 5 minutes to get to all that. I would consider the upstate definately!

PS - Its been almost a year since you originally posted....I realize this...just figured I'd make the suggestion in case you haven't made the move yet. Good luck to you though wherever you wind up.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > South Carolina Chapter

Tags
1975, aljo