Well, this project was started about a month ago after I bought a camper and decided that my dodge wasn't quite heavy enough to pull it. This will be an on going project and I plan on putting quite a large sum of money towards this truck as I have grown to love it. One thing to keep in mind is that this truck is being purpose built for work.
My Plans currently include:
[Done]-Finishing the custom flatbed framework
Installing a custom center media console
Installing an custom overhead comunications console
Converting it to a dually
Buying a couple of odds and ends for the body (like a hood, and flares)
Redoing the interior with dynamat and spray in bedliner for the floor
Installing an ATS turbo system with Exhaust brake
Installing a 5" stack with turnout.
Finish the Flatbed with doors, permanent toolboxes, etc.
Spraying bedliner on the bottom of the truck as well as the entire flatbed.
Will do my best to keep this updated, but atm I am having trouble finding my camera so steps in the process might be skipped for fabricating.
Also, for now, my goal is to get the major stuff done and get this truck ready for work. As such, alot of things will not be taken care of just yet (like sandblasting the frame, and getting all the body work in perfect order) I may get the call to go to work any time so I really have to get this truck where it will pull my camper and be available for use at work. By the time I am done with this truck, it should do a really good impersonation of a semi, so keep watching for updates.
Last edited by ReadOrDie_WoW; 02-22-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Heres two pics of the last progress I made before I lost my camera, currently this truck is sitting in my shop undergoing completion of the flatbed, which even unfinished, looks great.
BTW, getting that damned box off was a headache cause some ***** welded the rear of it to the truck.
Since this second pic was taken, I finished the grill (for now), and I removed the "baja" bars cause I didn't really like them, will redo the front bumper after I finish the bed. The interior was redone (for now) and has captains chairs and a new radio.
Hopefully I can get some more pics of the flatbed before I finish welding the sides and rear together so you all can see the frame, the headache rack is cool though
Well, heres an update, found my camera and will be doing my best to get some pics up asap.
The sides are almost finished (just need to do a couple of passes yet on them) and the rear is almost complete (its pretty complex). I will try and post some pics of the framework since its still, for the most part, fairly visible because I haven't cut any boards and laid them down yet (meaning it will receive a wooden deck). But other than that, I have to cut out some metal for a the front deck and weld it into place but she's close now, and I hope you guys will enjoy the pics that are coming.
But now I've run across an issue and for whatever reason the turn signals are not working, at all. So I need to get that fixed as well, luckily that the only issue, aside from needing to rewire the brake controller.