You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Just thought I would toss out a tidbit about all those/us people that just can't leave well enough alone ... Every time I buy a vehicle (or just about anything esle) I have to change "something" ... Sometimes even before I get it home ... If I don't then it isn't really "mine" yet ... Even if it is just stopping in a hardware store and getting a few pine trees to hang from the rearview or back in the day it was getting a Union 76 ball to put on the antenna ...
I haven't done much to my Bronco (yet) due to finances and the lack thereof.
31x10.5 Toyo A/Ts
Added flex fan
Disconnected feedback solenoid on carb
New 2 1/2" exhaust without Catalytic Converter and Thrush welded muffler
B&M Billet Shift Knob
A couple sets of Bucket seats, but went back to the bench
Pioneer Head Unit
Cheapo Wal-Mart 10" Subwoofer/Amp, now removed (Head unit blew sub and amp)
Die-cut John Deere logos on rear glass (both sides)
Terrorist Hunting permit (driver side wing window)
Mods planned for the future:
32x11.5 or 33x12.5 Toyo A/T
Gears (have 3.08, maybe 3.55?)
Upgrade Exhaust to Tri-Y
Clifford or Offenhauser Intake
Holley 390 CFM 4bbl
Clifford 264H cam
"Family 'Cage" for at least the back half - for protection with the top off
Can you guys think of anything I may be missing?
'86 Bronco - 300 I6, NP 435, 4x4
'91 Dodge D250 Cummins, Auto Washington Chapter, the best in the Northwest!
Well, I figured since I haven't babbled in the Washington forum for a while, I should pop in and blather a bit. My truck, Buford (for Big Ugly FORD), has been an ongoing project for about a year and a half now, and I usually post my progress in the 73-79 Forum under the thread "Progress on Buford".
Buford is my 79 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Trailer Special 4x4, which I've summarily lost my mind on, and have basically rebuilt the truck from the ground up. I'm sure I can't remember everything I've done in one shot, but here's as much as my feeble brain can recollect at the moment....
1. Complete body and paint.
2. New exterior trim
3. New grille and grille shell (I actually found a NOS 79 grille shell still in the box!....big money, tho)
4. All new emblems.
5. New mirrors.
6. New bumpers.
7. 35" Toyo MT tires
8. Centerline Scout wheels
9. Custom airbrushed letters on the tailgate.
10. Line-X bed and interior floor and walls.
11. All new attaching hardware.....yup, i've replaced every single nut, bolt, screw, etc. with Grade 8, or stainless, where applicable.
12. New glass.
13. New tint. (just a minor amount of tint to give a little shade...didn't like that fishbowl effect the supercabs have).
14. All new weather seals, bushings, grommets, and other rubber parts.
15. All new hard lines (fuel, brake, etc.)
16. Sandblasted and powdercoated frame.
17. Blasted, powdercoated, brackets, springs, other attaching hardware.
18. Rebuilt leaf springs with new hardware and insulation material.
19. New shocks.
20. New dual exhaust with Magnaflow dual-in, dual-out muffler, stainless tips.
21. New 40-20-40 leather seats.
22. Rebuilt and reupholstered rear bench seat.
23. New carpet.
24. Dynamat everywhere.
25. Insulation everywhere.
26. Custom made supercab headliner (I posted a photo album of that process)
27. New dash trim.
28. New dash pad.
29. New door panels.
30. New window regulators and all internal door hardware.
31. New sill plates.
32. Rebuilt and upgraded gauge cluster (new printed circuit board, new plastic backing, LED upgrade).
33. Custom Autosound stereo with iPod capability (not installed yet).
34. New wiper motor.
35. New switches.
36. All new cruise control hardware (NOS)
37. New visors.
38. Rebuilt and stroked 400 block, to 434 (courtesy of Tim Meyer) Forged crank, rods, pistons, and conversion to 4-bolt main caps.
39. CHI Austrailian heads
40. Edelbrock water pump
41, MSD ignition and distributor.
42. New wiring harness being made by Centech.
43. New headers by Heddman
44. New steering shaft by Flaming River.
45. New intake by Weiand
46. New carb by Demon
47. New roller valve train (Scorpion rockers, Lunati tie-bar lifters, etc.)
48. New Milodon oil pan and stick.
49. Rebuilt and beefed up C6 tranny.
50. Rebuilt NP205 transfer case.
51. Gear Vendors Overdrive Unit (to be installed...just got it, woohoo!)
52. New lights, lenses, etc.
53. Heck, I even got new license plate frames.
Yes, that list pretty much guarantees that I'm in dire need of deep psychoanalytic therapy.....but with no wife, I have noone to tell me "NO!" I'm sure that I forgot a bunch of stuff, but you get the idea....Buford is pretty much a brand new truck at this point that's built WAY beefier than factory, but that's ok because I love my truck.
I'm hoping to be able to turn the key by the end of May this year, but there are no guarantees on that. I still have to get a radiator, plumb it, wire it, and assemble the entire front clip yet. I have most everything I need....except time. Hopefully I'll have Buford out and about by mid-summer.
Ok, well here's my list, in some kind of order that I have in my head.
Replaced stock 302 (after it blew up) with 351W
Had custom true-dual exhaust installed w/Flowmaster Super 44s
Took out fully functional AOD to put in ZF 5 spd (I like much better...selling AOD if interested)
Replaced stock speedometer w/ AutoMeter Programmable Speedo Unit
Upgraded stereo (gotta have the tunes)
Installed Red LED/Blue Neon under bed rails to light up bed at night
Custom cut holes in back bumper for back-up lights that almost look stock
Created custom intake out of later model intake tubing, exhaust tubing, and open element K&N air filter
Installed under-hood tool box (stock option in mid 80s Broncos)
Lifted it 6"
Put on 315/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STTs
Blew out stock 8.8, swapped in Ford 9"
Designing custom trail bumper, see my "building my own bumper" thread in the offroad forum
Dana 60 SAS (converted to coil springs/radius arms)
Chromoly shafts for 9"
ARB selectable lockers front and rear
Possibly 3.73/4.10 gears (depending on whether to keep it my DD or not)
Full On-Board-Air System
Custom Rear Bumper
And thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm always thinking of more.
2005 F350 4X4 King Ranch CC, LB, Leveling kit, 35" Toyo M/Ts, 4" turbo back, AFE intake, Blue Spring......so far
1987 F150 4X4 Reg Cab LB, 351W EFI, ZF-5, 4.10s, 5.5" Lift with Deaver Prerunner Springs, 35" Firestone Destination M/Ts, Ford 9" Rear, Dana 44 SAS in progress
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.