Well, I figured since I haven't babbled in the Washington forum for a while, I should pop in and blather a bit. My truck, Buford (for Big Ugly FORD), has been an ongoing project for about a year and a half now, and I usually post my progress in the 73-79 Forum under the thread "Progress on Buford".
Buford is my 79 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Trailer Special 4x4, which I've summarily lost my mind on, and have basically rebuilt the truck from the ground up. I'm sure I can't remember everything I've done in one shot, but here's as much as my feeble brain can recollect at the moment....
1. Complete body and paint.
2. New exterior trim
3. New grille and grille shell (I actually found a NOS 79 grille shell still in the box!....big money, tho)
4. All new emblems.
5. New mirrors.
6. New bumpers.
7. 35" Toyo MT tires
8. Centerline Scout wheels
9. Custom airbrushed letters on the tailgate.
10. Line-X bed and interior floor and walls.
11. All new attaching hardware.....yup, i've replaced every single nut, bolt, screw, etc. with Grade 8, or stainless, where applicable.
12. New glass.
13. New tint. (just a minor amount of tint to give a little shade...didn't like that fishbowl effect the supercabs have).
14. All new weather seals, bushings, grommets, and other rubber parts.
15. All new hard lines (fuel, brake, etc.)
16. Sandblasted and powdercoated frame.
17. Blasted, powdercoated, brackets, springs, other attaching hardware.
18. Rebuilt leaf springs with new hardware and insulation material.
19. New shocks.
20. New dual exhaust with Magnaflow dual-in, dual-out muffler, stainless tips.
21. New 40-20-40 leather seats.
22. Rebuilt and reupholstered rear bench seat.
23. New carpet.
24. Dynamat everywhere.
25. Insulation everywhere.
26. Custom made supercab headliner (I posted a photo album of that process)
27. New dash trim.
28. New dash pad.
29. New door panels.
30. New window regulators and all internal door hardware.
31. New sill plates.
32. Rebuilt and upgraded gauge cluster (new printed circuit board, new plastic backing, LED upgrade).
33. Custom Autosound stereo with iPod capability (not installed yet).
34. New wiper motor.
35. New switches.
36. All new cruise control hardware (NOS)
37. New visors.
38. Rebuilt and stroked 400 block, to 434 (courtesy of Tim Meyer) Forged crank, rods, pistons, and conversion to 4-bolt main caps.
39. CHI Austrailian heads
40. Edelbrock water pump
41, MSD ignition and distributor.
42. New wiring harness being made by Centech.
43. New headers by Heddman
44. New steering shaft by Flaming River.
45. New intake by Weiand
46. New carb by Demon
47. New roller valve train (Scorpion rockers, Lunati tie-bar lifters, etc.)
48. New Milodon oil pan and stick.
49. Rebuilt and beefed up C6 tranny.
50. Rebuilt NP205 transfer case.
51. Gear Vendors Overdrive Unit (to be installed...just got it, woohoo!)
52. New lights, lenses, etc.
53. Heck, I even got new license plate frames.
Yes, that list pretty much guarantees that I'm in dire need of deep psychoanalytic therapy.....but with no wife, I have noone to tell me "NO!" I'm sure that I forgot a bunch of stuff, but you get the idea....Buford is pretty much a brand new truck at this point that's built WAY beefier than factory, but that's ok because I love my truck.
I'm hoping to be able to turn the key by the end of May this year, but there are no guarantees on that. I still have to get a radiator, plumb it, wire it, and assemble the entire front clip yet. I have most everything I need....except time. Hopefully I'll have Buford out and about by mid-summer.
Anyway, that's my list of mods so far.....