Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to: Install New Window Motor w/pics

Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 AM
dlaude6
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This double post brought to you by my poor performing work computer!

Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good write up !

Now we need one on the rear wing windows !

mine passenger side is flaky and so I don't use it in fear of it not closing one day

Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
good write up !

Now we need one on the rear wing windows !

mine passenger side is flaky and so I don't use it in fear of it not closing one day
Do you mean the back vent windows?

Very easy to get to the motor. Pull top back trim off, the one going across top after back glass up. Then the top sides just pull off. They use snap clips, just pull back towards the center inside to pop them off.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Lubed the metal tracks

I just did some surgery on the door--I've been having problems with the driver's door window working intermittently--and while I was in there I took out the window motor and lubed that up. What I also did though is lube up the metal tracks that push the window up. I'm hoping that this will solve my window problem.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 AM
nsmith001
New User
I need to replace the driver side window motor. While searching for window motors, some vendors indicate that you can use the passenger rear motor or the driver rear motor. Is this correct?

Norris

Old 06-19-2012, 12:37 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did some searching for you and the part numbers are different, the electrical connectors look different and it seems that the hole of where the screws go into the motors for mounting are in different locations... I would have to say no. I assume you are asking this because you are thinking of swapping your rear motor to the front door? If this is your thought you are more then welcome to give it a try and please let us know if it works. Reagrdless the motors for the front windows are cheaper then for the rears. Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Disregard what i just said i didnt realize there would be a difference it truck to Excursion. As for the excursion it DOES seem that the rear motors will work for the front windows.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 PM
nsmith001
New User
Thanks for the information. I will let you all know if I give it a try.

Norris

Old 11-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Crunk
Senior User
So I unbolted the left track to get to the door lock actuator and long story short used a few hammer swings to get it align again and now the window only goes down about an inch from the top. Any ideas?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by Crunk
So I unbolted the left track to get to the door lock actuator and long story short used a few hammer swings to get it align again and now the window only goes down about an inch from the top. Any ideas?
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. If you still have this issue I would pull the regulator and motor out and see if the track is bent. You can A. try and bend it back or B. Get a new one.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Crunk
Senior User
Originally Posted by 4inchlovin
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. If you still have this issue I would pull the regulator and motor out and see if the track is bent. You can A. try and bend it back or B. Get a new one.
It's alright. The window hasn't gone anywhere. I'll try that. I'm not sure if I'll be able to accurately diagnose it but I'll give it a shot. I'm not even sure if they sell window tracks

Old 11-18-2013, 02:05 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Rock Auto has them (as well as your local parts store) but Rock auto is a supporting vendor here on the forum.

RockAuto Parts Catalog

Drivers side regulator and motor together in a dorman part number is 748212
passenger side is 748213

You should be able to use those part numbers at any auto parts store and they will get you what you need...

Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Crunk
Senior User
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is the window track itself that may be bent. I think that because I stupidly unbolted it when replacing the door actuator. It would line up with the hole again so once again I stupidly tapped it with a hammer a few times until it aligned close enough to get the bolt through.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:23 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Oh I see what you are saying. You need new window tracks as in the felts that go along each side...

So what I think you need is Ford Part #

21537 for drivers side

21536 for passenger side

HOWEVER these are $154ish from the dealership and they may be dealer only part on the account that I cannot find them anywhere els. In which case call up your local truck dismantler and try and find them.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Crunk
Senior User
Originally Posted by 4inchlovin
Oh I see what you are saying. You need new window tracks as in the felts that go along each side...

So what I think you need is Ford Part #

21537 for drivers side

21536 for passenger side

HOWEVER these are $154ish from the dealership and they may be dealer only part on the account that I cannot find them anywhere els. In which case call up your local truck dismantler and try and find them.
Thanks for the help. Looking at Fordparts.com, that part isn't even showing up in their database. I can see it in the door diagrams, but I guess you can't order it through them. I'll go to the pick n pull yard and see if I can get it from an F-250. I assume that would work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to: Install New Window Motor w/pics