Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Junior User

Port City is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb V-10 exhaust

Can someone give me the name of anyone in Ohio that can put a dual exhaust on my 05 Super Duty V-10 6.8 L truck that will give it an aggressive sound.

I live in Northeast Ohio.

I know the V-10's won't ever sound like a V-8 but I've heard some sound clips that I like alot.

Anyone with experience out there with upgrading this quiet beast of a truck?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port City View Post
Can someone give me the name of anyone in Ohio that can put a dual exhaust on my 05 Super Duty V-10 6.8 L truck that will give it an aggressive sound.

I live in Northeast Ohio.

I know the V-10's won't ever sound like a V-8 but I've heard some sound clips that I like alot.

Anyone with experience out there with upgrading this quiet beast of a truck?
Hi and welcome to the chapter, I have a 02 and when i first got it , they had duals installed no mufflers , it was too loud and seemed to be lacking in torque, so i went back to the stock single with a good free flowing muffler , and now it has a good throaty sound, and more low end.
It seems the engine need some exhaust back pressure , so be careful of what you get...i will call the shop and find out what they installed if you want..

I think they went with larger diameter pipe then stock pipes
Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Call Tom Busch...in Jefferson,Ohio....he bends and builds all hot rod and cool exhausts and is cheap.....stainless is no problem....he built mine.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
I had a '99 CC DRW v10 5spd and I put a Dynomax Turbo muffler on it, nothing else. I cut the stock muffler out, welded in new. It gave it some "rumble", but the problem with V10 is they kinda "buzzz" not rumble. Very distinctive exhaust note. Cheap and easy.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Postmaster

Monster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to beholdMonster-4 is a splendid one to behold
I have a FlowMaster 70 on my V10. Sounds good. My dad always says he can tell it's me coming down there road from the sound.

Red Head Steering gear box installation
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter

Tags
clips, exhaust, ford, sound, v10