Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2009, 05:09 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

fordblue99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 F250 7.3 no power to fuel pump

I have a 1999 F-250 superduty 4X4 with 7.3. y ruck died on me the other day while driving down the road. I had it towed home. I checked the fuel kill switch it was fine, checked fuel filter in ok shape, checked fuel pump no power getting to it, pulled it and hooked it up word good, changed relay in dash behind radio, still no power to pump any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Support FTE
1999 Ford F-250

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Welcome to .

Here's a thread started today about the same problem. CLICK HERE

For a 1999 Under hood fuse #19 for fuel pump.

If you are not getting the WTS lamp check under dash fuse #30 for PCM and fuel bowl heater.
If the PCM is down it will not be able to turn on the fuel pump.

Any questions just post back.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

thanks a lot, my truck has been down for a few weeks. I cant believe all it was was a damn 30 A fuse. Some mechanic I am. and I always tell my customers to check the cheapest and easiest things first. Whats cheaper and easier that a fuse. I guess I was just frustrated.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

riverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to all
You were just frustrated because it was yours.Had a similiar situation happen to us yesterday.We just chalked it up to being tired and not thinking
02 F-350 4x4 Auto ,David Lott Tunes, 4''Exhaust, 6637w/Pete's Cover, Crossover, AIH Delete, Foil Delete, Garrett 38R, Ped Gutted, Riffraff FRX ,Tugger Kit, Isspro Gauges, CCV, Recon smoke cab lights, Camo seat covers, Replacement Bumpers, Hutch/Harpoon ,Cold A/C Mod, True Cool ,Bellowed Pipes,HO injectors,T-500.
2012 F350 4x4 Auto FX4
Old 12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Support FTE
1999 Ford F-250

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue99 View Post
thanks a lot, my truck has been down for a few weeks. I cant believe all it was was a damn 30 A fuse. Some mechanic I am. and I always tell my customers to check the cheapest and easiest things first. Whats cheaper and easier that a fuse. I guess I was just frustrated.
Chit Happens.

The fuse most likely blew due to a shorted fuel bowl heater. Did you unplug it before replacing fuse? If not, do so, or it may blow the fuse again.

Edit: Don't be a stranger. A lot of great people and a lot of great info here.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:46 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

yes I unplugged it earlier trying to see if that was the problem, I have a small leak just above the heater I have been trying to fix it also. I replaced one o ring then found another leek near the one I replaced. What is that thing called that is behind the filter housing above the heater?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Support FTE
1999 Ford F-250

Hope this pic answers your Question.
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2009, 10:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
30, 73, 99, bowl, f250, ford, fuel, fuse, heater, power, powerstroke, pump, pumps, replacing, update