New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

FTE New Jersey Chapter's January 2010 GTG - 12 Noon til ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:33 AM
geleonardjr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sat parked in front of the windows right opposite of where I now know you were sitting. I made several phone calls while sitting there with my engine turned off and hoped that someone would take the initiative to come out and say hello. But you only saw me as I left the parking lot? This is getting sillier and sillier. Lets just drop the whole thing and suffice it to say that I wont be coming to any more meetings. My truck is a modifed 1985 F150 Flareside with custom paint job, big tires, dual open exhausts, and is lifted 6". It literally screams "FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIAST" and I was parked right outside the windows maybe 20 feet from where you sat.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:51 AM
MisterDave2
Elder User
Hi George, yes Steve is correct, we saw your truck for less than a minute, really great truck BTW, my friend had almost exact one in brown and tan. We never saw you park anywhere, just when leaving. Again, I extend an apology, it would have been great to meet you, so we just have to make sure next time we all communicate better the day before, morning of, whatever so we don't end up missing anyone. Happy Football today and stay well. Dave

Old 01-17-2010, 11:56 AM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by geleonardjr
This is getting sillier and sillier.
What is silly is you say you knew exactly where we were sitting yet you didn't get off your butt and come to say hello... and it's a shame because many of us were looking forward to meeting you, myself included.

The meet and greet was inside the establishment.

We glanced up and saw your green pickup in the fire zone and briefly admired it and tried to guess the year, but it wasn't until after you left that someone made the connection between "green pickup" and "George" out loud.

Originally Posted by geleonardjr
Lets just drop the whole thing and suffice it to say that I wont be coming to any more meetings.
Well, if that's your sum of all this, nice knowing ya. ::eyeroll::

Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 PM
geleonardjr
Junior User
frederic

Well frederic, if you had bothered to read any of the posts before you made your butt hole reply, you would have known that I spent more than half an hour inside looking for the group. I sat outside the windows as a last resort. I only figured out where you were sitting by subsequent descriptions and the pictures I saw online after I got home. Not meeting you was probably the upside to my day

Old 01-17-2010, 12:12 PM
geleonardjr
Junior User
frederic

God, that pisses me off! What a douche bag! Good luck with your group, Steve.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
You're right, I've only read this page because I'm using my blackberry while towing and scrolling around is a PITA. Not your issue of course.

I get that it sucks you drove all the way over there, taking time out of your day, tolls and gas, just to miss the party. It sucks, I get it. But I'm a douchebag for not liking your sarcastic "I ain't coming any more" comment?

Do you not see my point? Here we are, having a good time, and afterwards someone we looked forward to having join us (but missed) declares they're not coming any more because of a misunderstanding.

Please.

If that makes me a douche bag, then fine.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:22 PM
geleonardjr
Junior User
frederic

Okay, youre a good man to step up and admit you made a mistake. Its just a pet peeve of mine when people come in at the end of a conversation and think that what they have to say is so special that it should take precedence over everything that was said before.

But lets be clear. I did not say "I aint coming anymore." I said, "suffice it to say, I wont be attending any more meetings", Everyone else has been a perfect gentleman about this whole thing. But dont worry, I have already asked Steve to remove me from the group. So you wont have to deal with me anymore. Maybe I have helped someone who in the future can not make a connection with the group.

And yes, it still makes you a douche bag. Now go back to studying your navel.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:55 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
I am pretty sure nobody there was trying to avoid you. This has happened to me once and I am sure it has happened to many others as well.

A bad attitude is not the answer. I believe that Steve probably appologized and would really rather have you at a GTG than not.

All of the people I have communicated with in this chapter have been very hospitable. So again, I am certain they did not avoid you on purpose.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
geleonardjr
Junior User
Avoid Me?

I never said nor implied that anyone was trying to avoid me. Nor do I think that I have a "bad attitude". I have already said that I am happy if I have helped just one person who, in the future, has trouble connecting with the group.

Now can we all stop beating this "dead horse" and go back to slapping each other on the back and congratulating yourselves on having participated in such a wonderful event? Im just pointing out that not all of us had a good time.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:21 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Oh, OK...........

Old 01-17-2010, 02:33 PM
MisterDave2
Elder User
"OK, OK" Agree. Let's turn the focus to football and beer. Romo's getting plastered, where is the Cowboy's line, 6 sacs already. Farve looks great, amazing at 40, but there's always next week... Beck's Dark is looking good right now.
(Edit) "Oh, OK........." 95, sorry read your post wrong, doesn't matter, football still sounds good )

Old 01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
I was rooting for the Cowboys, but you are right. Favre looked great.