1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Are You a BUYER, or a SELLER?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:49 AM
J Hodges
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I buy high and sell low. If I have it it becomes total crap and is worth nothing but if someone else has it its worth a fortune

Old 12-24-2009, 07:56 AM
bailegb
Junior User
Definitely a buyer. I always seem to be looking for the next great deal. I also end up giving away parts when I end up with extras, but that is part of the whole classic truck experience. Building and rebuilding and dreaming of how it will be after it is completed, that is the fun.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:31 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to get my price. I have a price in mind and will shop till I find it at my price.
I also like to haggle. Although ebay and craigslist etc are basically pay a price and that is that.......I was told I should have been a car-salesales man.....I reallylike to fix up a truck or car and then sell it. I am against the idea of buy it to scrap it.....that is a scrapper.....LOL

Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Love buying...hate selling, but you can't keep everything!

Old 12-24-2009, 12:45 PM
daves54
Elder User
When I got my truck I had a picture in my head of what I wanted. Anything that was not in that picture got sold. Now all I do is buy. Nothing left to sell and no place to keep it even if I did!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 01:16 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
I have to get my price. I have a price in mind and will shop till I find it at my price.
I also like to haggle. Although ebay and craigslist etc are basically pay a price and that is that.......I was told I should have been a car-salesales man.....I reallylike to fix up a truck or car and then sell it. I am against the idea of buy it to scrap it.....that is a scrapper.....LOL
You talk enough to be a USED car sailsman.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
THANKS Dick....I am trying to speak less. Terri is going to have to take up the slack...LOL
Nice emails,by the way....Thanks

Old 12-25-2009, 08:45 AM
IndyGTA
Freshman User
I'm definetly a buyer too, it's no wonder I can't find the parts I need when everybody here are buyers and not sellers, lol.
I do buy a car now and then with no other intention but to sell for funding for my projects. The problem with parts is I am a hoarder, I hate to sell something I might need someday, I have a set of aftermarket wheels that came off a BMW I hade about three years ago, still taking up space in my loft. Keep thinking I might buy another BMW, probably won't though.
I am constantly cruising ebay and craigslist looking for tools and shop equipment, maybe my son will decide he want's to do this someday otherwise I'll have my wife post the auction notice after I die maybe some of you can use some of this stuff.
Oh, I need to cut this short, theres a wrench on ebay ending in 30 secs. lol.
Mark

Old 12-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Alex 51
Freshman User
I'm a buyer, I love the search - quite often after I have bought something it's an anti-climax as the searching is over. I stick to one at a time though, budget sees to that mainly, so I sell after a while, I'm not sentimental with vehicles, there are a whole list of cars I want to own and drive and if I want to get something else the one I have goes up for sale.

Alex

Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
I like both buying and selling. The kind of stuff I usually buy/sell doesn't involve Joe Average, it's other screwballs interested in oddball stuff, so in the process of buying/selling I meet some interesting people I wouldn't otherwise. Clutter really bothers me after a while, so selling is essential. In the last 3 weeks I've put up 8 Craigslist ads for stuff from bicycle locks to bucket seats, ALL of it sold within 3 hours! I love seeing it snapped up by people who need it. Not a money thing either, I don't think I cleared $100 for all of it, I gained a bunch of floor space and it just feels like I can breathe! In the process I met a guy who is building an old IH Scout, a gunsmith (we ended up trading my parts for some ammo), etc...

I'm trying (not real hard) to sell a car right now, and it is a really, really tough market.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Power's back on, and I see I missed out on the wrench on Ebay I was bidding on, lol. Ross, no doubt the market is tough right now. There's been great deals for engines and parts on my local CL, the result of folks trying to clean up their garage to stay afloat, no doubt. But the cars and trucks are still up there in price, likely because they bought high back in good times, and are still trying to sell high. This coming year will hopefully be a thinning of the "pile", like I had started this year. But I'll be one of those that I mentioned, trying to sell stuff to a group of people like me that don't need it, lol.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 AM
FL299
Senior User
I am a buyer ! But now being on pension I have to be more selective but it doesn't stop me from searching.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
oldblue92
Junior User
Goodbyes are never easy so they say, but I want an old ford tractor now and the truck might have to go. If only I can find a place where there might be a lot of buyers for something like that. :P

Edit: I'm not sure if selling... and I'm a buyer like J Hodges up there.

Last edited by oldblue92; 12-29-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Clarify
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Where are you at and what kind of tractor are you looking for? I've got too many Ford tractors and there just CAN'T be too many old trucks.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:57 AM
oldblue92
Junior User
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
Where are you at and what kind of tractor are you looking for? I've got too many Ford tractors and there just CAN'T be too many old trucks.
West chester PA ~ 700 miles and an 8N

Quick Reply: Are You a BUYER, or a SELLER?