1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stupid Mistake 49F-1

Old 01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
CA Viking
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stupid Mistake 49F-1

So I need a little help here folks. I disassembled my entire hood assembly and made the mistake of not taking photos to assist when the time came to put it all back together. I realize it is not the most complex portion of these trucks but none the less I am staring at a handful of parts and have no clue as to the proper way of putting them back. I know I know and it goes against what I have practiced in the past with taking copious photos for this very reason.

Anyway, I looked at the shop manual but it is not clear enough for me. Do any of you have some photos or better diagrams of the under hood assembly including the plate, springs, catch hook etc.? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
js292
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might see some on the pic's in my thread;

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...f-my-50-a.html

I can get you more pic's of the latch system tomorrow, the only thing i can't get pic's of soon are the hood springs.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
These might help:

js292,

Please don't take this as criticism but I just perused the post you referenced above and it was hard to look through with the huge images. It helps if the images aren't so wide that you have to scroll back and forth to look at them. I only got halfway through the post before I gave up.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:08 PM
CA Viking
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:31 AM
js292
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2

js292,

Please don't take this as criticism but I just perused the post you referenced above and it was hard to look through with the huge images. It helps if the images aren't so wide that you have to scroll back and forth to look at them. I only got halfway through the post before I gave up.
I did fix the size towards the end of the post, I didn't realize what a PITA it was till I tried to show the thread to my Mom on her computer. (their fine on mine) I reset my pic size default so hopeful it won't happen again.

Search this Thread