2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Exp 2008 Driver Seat (bucket seats)

Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 AM
EdinoExpi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exp 2008 Driver Seat (bucket seats)

Hi There,

This will by my first post but I have been following this forum for a while now.

I need some help with a noise in the driver seat of my 2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer (bucket seats). The driver seat has started to make a "clicking" noise when I turn, brake or accelerate. With every change in movement this noise happens. I have been trying to locate it, but all I can locate is that its coming from somewhere down at the left side of the seat. It drives me nuts :-). I tried everything, moving the seat back or forwards, up or down does not matter. The position of the seat is normally completely down and about 5 cm before the end of its track.

Any suggestion of what could be causing this noise?

I'm otherwise a very happy owner of this Expedition, Eddie Bauer back here in Dubai. Its been absolutely trouble free from the moment I purchased it new and super comfortable.

Thanks for the help...

Ewald

Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 AM
KSCRUDE
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Something might be broke or loose on the track or a mount. By the way most of us on here use inches and feet. The metric system is hard for us to relate to and is greek to most of us.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
Something might be broke or loose on the track or a mount. By the way most of us on here use inches and feet. The metric system is hard for us to relate to and is greek to most of us.
1m is about 1 yard
30cm is about a foot
2.5cm is about an inch
100Km/h is about 60MPH
160Km/h is about 100MPH
60 Km/h is about 40mph

Old 12-20-2009, 07:50 PM
fordtech08
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try tighning the bolts hold your seats down

Old 12-20-2009, 11:12 PM
KSCRUDE
Tuned
Originally Posted by Lead Head
1m is about 1 yard
30cm is about a foot
2.5cm is about an inch
100Km/h is about 60MPH
160Km/h is about 100MPH
60 Km/h is about 40mph
This is all real simple and a pint is a short half liter and a liter is a long quart. But in 3 seconds tell me what your weight is in metric. Some nobama like lib thought we should convert when i was in school in the sixties but it has never happened. My wife say i got a 8 inch tool. Con vert that in 3 seconds. It just don,t work in this country very well. Besides that the comie basurds have cost us all billions of dollars just to sport 2 sets of tools.Start working on anything and before u get started u have to have both standard and metric out. This is america and we need to speak the english or shut up and tell the metric sods to take a hike. We need to take our country back. There should be no push one for english and 2 for some foreign BS. GOD BLESS THE USA AS WE ARE IN DEEP DODO.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is all real simple and a pint is a short half liter and a liter is a long quart. But in 3 seconds tell me what your weight is in metric.
Just a tad less then 100Kg
My wife say i got a 8 inch tool. Con vert that in 3 seconds.
Sure, about 20cm.

Converted both of those in my head - in less then 1 second.

Not to de-rail this thread, but the metric system is in every way superior to our system.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
if your seat is all the way back on the track, try moving it forward slightly.

I've got a similar noise with my powered seats in my Mustang if the seat is all the way back on the track. simply moving it forward a tiny fraction usually makes the noise go away.

otherwise, do the normal stuff. check the bolts are tight, and that the track has lubricant applied
This is all real simple and a pint is a short half liter and a liter is a long quart. But in 3 seconds tell me what your weight is in metric. Some nobama like lib thought we should convert when i was in school in the sixties but it has never happened. My wife say i got a 8 inch tool. Con vert that in 3 seconds. It just don,t work in this country very well. Besides that the comie basurds have cost us all billions of dollars just to sport 2 sets of tools.Start working on anything and before u get started u have to have both standard and metric out. This is america and we need to speak the english or shut up and tell the metric sods to take a hike. We need to take our country back. There should be no push one for english and 2 for some foreign BS. GOD BLESS THE USA AS WE ARE IN DEEP DODO.
worthless post

Old 12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My seat has developed a squeak from what seems like the hinge. When you lean back or turn it is a slow low sounding creak. I will try some silicone lubricant on the hinges and see if it helps.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
fordtech08
Posting Guru

maybe this will break your heart but the US of america's official unit of measure is the metric system been that way since the 70's guess you missed the memo

Old 12-21-2009, 01:06 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
The United States customary system (also called American system or, more rarely, "English units") is the most commonly used system of measurement in the United States. It is similar but not identical to the British Imperial units. The U.S. is the only industrialized nation that does not mainly use the metric system in its commercial and standards activities,[1] although the International System of Units (SI, often referred to as "metric") is universally used in science, and increasingly in medicine, government, and many sectors of industry.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:28 AM
EdinoExpi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for the reply. Sorry for my delay. I was traveling unfortunately. Heh... and what I read about the metric system versus the "English units"... I'm glad I could wake up some that there is a superior system called metric :-)... No kidding, I appreciate all your feedback. I already lubricated all I could see under the seat, checked the bolts... but the sound remains. I was hoping its a known problem.... so its not really; my bad luck. I bring it in for next service and see if the folks at the service center can find it....

Thanks Ewald... And by the way, great forum, always enjoy reading it.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 AM
berry1234
Postmaster
Another trick for finding hard to spot squeaks and noises is to get a mechanics stethoscope. You can get these online for $15 or so. Have a helper sit in the seat and try to repeat the noise while you poke around the probe and locate the area of the noise. Most of the times it's plastic to metal or metal to metal, plastic to plastic areas. Locating the noise is 90% of the battle.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 PM
KSCRUDE
Tuned
Originally Posted by fordtech08
maybe this will break your heart but the US of america's official unit of measure is the metric system been that way since the 70's guess you missed the memo
THATS FUNNY SMART MAN. THEN WHY DO ALL OF MY TWENTYSOME VEHICLES READ THE SPEED IN THE BOLDER NUMBERS IN MPH??? OH AND BY THE WAY ALL THE SPEED LIMIT SIGNS I SEE READ IN MPH ALSO. THE WEATHER MAN ALSO ONLY STATES TEMPS IN FAHRENHEIT. YEA U PROBABLY BUY YOUR DOPE BY THE KILOS AND IT SHOWS. BUT I STILL EAT A 16 OUNCE T BONE. LMOS

Old 12-22-2009, 08:15 PM
KSCRUDE
Tuned
ALSO EVERYWHERE I BUY GAS STILL SELLS IT BUY THE GALLON. OH AND MILK TOO. GOD I LOVE AMERIC. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 PM
fordtech08
Posting Guru
THATS FUNNY SMART MAN. THEN WHY DO ALL OF MY TWENTYSOME VEHICLES READ THE SPEED IN THE BOLDER NUMBERS IN MPH??? OH AND BY THE WAY ALL THE SPEED LIMIT SIGNS I SEE READ IN MPH ALSO. THE WEATHER MAN ALSO ONLY STATES TEMPS IN FAHRENHEIT. YEA U PROBABLY BUY YOUR DOPE BY THE KILOS AND IT SHOWS. BUT I STILL EAT A 16 OUNCE T BONE. LMOS
the simple asnswer is because people like you can't wrap there little brain around the metric system with such complicated things like the freeing point being 0 and boiling at 100 good thing your sitting down huh?

the long answer is this

In the 1970's there was a major effort to increase the use of the metric system, and Congress passed the Metric Conversion Act of 1975 to speed this process along. However, American consumers generally rejected the use of metric units for highway distances, weather reports, and other common measurements, so little was accomplished except for the encouragement of faster metric conversion in various scientific and technical fields.

here is the link to the page
Units: The Metric System in the U. S.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exp 2008 Driver Seat (bucket seats)