Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Want to Buy > WTB - Parts & other
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

WTB - Parts & other Want to buy parts/accessories/tools.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Posting Guru
1956 Ford F-600

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
WTB: Engine, tranny, axles, bed, ect

I am looking for several parts for my build, the kicker is my location and my current inability to be able to travel much for parts.

I am in Sheridan, WY (Middle, at the top, 15 minutes from MT)

I am looking to make my truck a 4x4, and am switching out A LOT of parts, probably need more than I can think of right now. I don't even care if they're Ford parts, what matters is how well they work.

First off I am looking for a V8 in the 351w or larger range. No 351C or 351M, only Windsor. Willing to look at other engines, but a 351w seems to be ideal.

Transmission for it, automatic is ideal but not critical. Both need to work very well.

Transfer case, unmarried might make some things easier if I change anything out later, but if married that's not a problem.

Axles for 4x4; gearing around 4.10, the project will have some series tires on it. POSI is always ideal but not critical. 3/4 or 1 ton axles ideal, but again not critical. I'll take what I can get, lol.

Breaks and steering, basically all that jazz. Be easiest if they where the set that went with the axles so I can minimize how much frankensteining I have to do here.

I am also looking for a bed for my truck. It's a '56. I'd like a LONG bed (the 8 foot express), but if I can get a good enough deal on a short bed or two I maybe interested in that. From 1953 to 1979 will work for me. Right now I have nothing on it, so I don't care if its dented to crap or something, something can be fixed, nothing has to be made, lol.

If all these parts are already on a driving truck, that be awesome too, make some things easier.

Again though, my biggest problem is my location. I'm on a budget and can't really afford to ship anything. And my truck isn't going to be able to go and pick anything up, so things need to be fairly close. I have things for trade if need be too, but not a lot at this time.

If you think you have something that could work, please PM me (I usually forget to check here), just send me a message, you never know if it would work for me.

Thanks!

Wanted: '53-56 horn button, '56 wiper arm
Parts I have that I don't need: F600 Running boards, F600 running board brackets (2), 272 fuel pump
Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

pod4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, From what it sounds like all you have is a 1956 ford cab on 2wd frame with no box. And you want to make it a 4x4 with a 351w and remote transfore case. I would buy a high boy 3/4 ton frame with remote transfer and mount the 56 to it, from there you can put whatever engine you want in it. IF IT WERE ME! I would restore the 56 and just buy a 4x4. Alot less work, $$$$, Time! Have a Great Day pod4
Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

ohenry1946 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford parts

I have a Dana 60 complete rearend with springs, 4.10 ratio came out of a 73 1 ton dually.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

cfcforlife is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a C-6 transmission with the mounts, dipstick/tube, part of drive shaft, and torque converter. It has already been rebuilt, and I was going to use it on my truck, but I didn't pay attention as well as I should have. I got the wrong one.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

grudgeracer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a f250 I am parting out 4x4. Let me know what you can use. Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 07:14 PM
New User
1965 Ford F-100

truckinguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
ford 4x4 truck parts

I have a complete 4x4 project that i am thinking about selling,contact me and let me tell you what I have,Brian.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:31 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

omna379 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a c6 trans with converter and flywheel 11k miles on rebuild with HD transfer case, drive shafts,tubular cross member, NIB lokar shifter and NIB lokar dipstick, HD hub dana 44 front and dana 60 rear with 410 gears matched set, with the factory 4" lift sprins and blocks, it is all out of a 1976 factory e250 and the van had 68k miles on it when it had a dash fire, I had removed this stuff to build my project but went in a different direction. I will sell it all for $1100.00 Mike 501-240-0574
Old 09-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Want to Buy > WTB - Parts & other

Tags
56, bads, engine, f150, ford, truck, wtb