Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

December 2009 b/s session and daily blog

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:34 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile December 2009 b/s session and daily blog

O.K.....Let the b/s begin....for December and remember to daily write in and tell us your work schedule or shopping needs....or stories about your trucks.....etc......Merry Christmas/Bill

Old 11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
Just digging out a set of stock rims to bead blast and list on ebay. Make a few bucks before Christmas!

Last edited by bigwin56f100; 11-27-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang times a flying by...December already ?

Been feeling like crap since Thursday, everyone in the household is sick...sucks to be feeling like this..

anyways just sitting around channel surfing and cruising the web waiting to feel better..

Old 11-29-2009, 11:15 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Took atrip yesterday to Marietta and Copley to look at some trucks. I also sold some parts and delivered some others.

Found another 56 on the trip. The sun was great and a nice trip for almost December.
We all had that head cold crap a few weeks ago....it really was bad.
Bill

Old 11-29-2009, 03:41 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Bill, You should have stopped by and took a look at my stock rims I have, you were already here I could have made you a deal!. I saw down at Columbus dual exhaust manifolds for the Y block cheap! Should have bought them and resold them to someone who needs them.

I had a guy on ebay ask me to sell him parts NOT THRU EBAY and you know what I'm going to do? REPORT HIM! Just so happens I have this individual blocked from bidding on my high dollar stuff anyways. There is always a few who cant follow the rules and ruin it for everyone else!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Went to Columbus on Saturday for the "big" swap meet. Found(ok, buddy did) a '09 Mustang 31 spline Limited slip diff(take out) for $60!! Ya boy! It was perfect shape, included bearings, got it installed this morning so the ol '89 isn't a peg leg wonder anymore. Should help with traction this winter.

Also oil sprayed the truck this afternoon. Not a real complete job, but since I couldn't get it on buddy's lift yet I did what I could for now. Had the stuff for over 3 wks and just can't seem to get time to do it. Hopefully it will aide in keeping the truck around for a few years.

Oh, ya, rode the bike a bit today too. Buddy came over after I was done with rear end. Spent a few hours cruising, went up to Summit racing too. By 3:30 the sun was getting weak and decided to call it quits.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:12 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Working on the 68 this week found a mint black dash pad for it. w as looking for a blue one any one dye one i was thinking of trying it I have a mint dark green one that i was going to dye it med. blue. Also put new wheel bearings and lower control arms on the Daugthers Escape man PB BLASTER works great took 1 hr to take pass side apart next morning did the driver side in 1/2 hour had the new bearings pressed in took 1 1/2 to put it all back together.Its alot quieter now.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 AM
xWICkEdx
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dec b/s

Have not been on that much wife had heath problems and was in the hospital.
Just got done painting my truck. Looks so much better with out the rust. now I just need a new fuel tank.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife hope shes doing better.sounds like you got your painting done in good time its cold out side today and going to snow on Friday.It was good it went cold and warmed up again to make a dash to get alot of stuff done while it was warm.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:05 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
I hope your wife gets well soon xWICkEdx , i hope it is nothing serious.

I finally got out of the house today , and ran a few errands, this flu bug was no fun...well at least i missed out of all the fun of the black friday madness..but i did make a couple of sales today which is a good thing..

if it snows i hope does more then just a dusting..

Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Nothing worse than a spouse thats ill. I pray for a speedy recovery.

Yesterday I put out my DECORATED 56 truck in the front yard. My brother says its the coolest ever! I will try to get some pics up as it is really cool. My 2 daughters helped string the lights, its an old truck so I let one of them stand on the hood to do the windshield!

My wife wasnt to thrilled but after it got dark and we lit it up, she thought it was great!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Spent the past few days at the hospital with my brother.
After 67 surgeries to his left leg since 1981...they amputated it .
He is doing ok.,but has phantom pain and alot of remorse.
Nearly 80 surgeries altold, and to lose the leg after all that is a true showing of how strong he really is.
He was hurt at the shop in 81 when a 4000 lb roll was rolled off a truck in the shipping bay,and rolled off the truck on top of him.
That was a bad day......3 men actually passed out from the blood,and trauma in the shop.
I will most likely take my 2 brothers with me to Florida for some time together and get him back up on a prosthetic leg.
He already has a prosthetic foot on the opposite leg.
So this means he has no toes or feet.........Thanks/Bill

P.S.----Sold some parts on ebay...and going to East Sparta soon so I will stop over again Kevin. I was over Saturday....but you must not have seen me.......Bill

Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
I was in Columbus for the all ford on Saturday. I checked your ebay history to see what you sold and you did good!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Spent the past few days at the hospital with my brother.
After 67 surgeries to his left leg since 1981...they amputated it .
He is doing ok.,but has phantom pain and alot of remorse.
Nearly 80 surgeries altold, and to lose the leg after all that is a true showing of how strong he really is.
He was hurt at the shop in 81 when a 4000 lb roll was rolled off a truck in the shipping bay,and rolled off the truck on top of him.
That was a bad day......3 men actually passed out from the blood,and trauma in the shop.
I will most likely take my 2 brothers with me to Florida for some time together and get him back up on a prosthetic leg.
He already has a prosthetic foot on the opposite leg.
So this means he has no toes or feet.........Thanks/Bill

P.S.----Sold some parts on ebay...and going to East Sparta soon so I will stop over again Kevin. I was over Saturday....but you must not have seen me.......Bill

Holy crap, really sorry to hear what he has endured, but let him know that he can over come this, and maybe in a position to do better.

Being in the Navy there is one guy that i looked up to, his name is Carl Brashear, and diver who lost his leg in a diving accident and made a full rovery and went on the continue his career, I met him many years ago, and this man is very inspiring and a true testament of what a person is capable of doing once you set your mind to it.
this is well worth reading and sharing with your brother,
and the movie they made about him is very close to what he went through, get this movie "Men of Honor" and show it to him even if he has already seen it, watch it again..

Link to Carl Brashear bio
Carl M. Brashear

I wish your brother a speedy recovery, and to a much more active life

Old 12-01-2009, 02:31 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Thanks f250....we are all still in shock that after re=installing the leg after it was cut off and smashed flat.....and after all the pain and rehab,etc....they cut it off anyway.
He is a strong guy...as most of our family knows. He hopefully will not think too much and just get to walking again.
That is a great movie....and he has it.
ALSO...a good friend of our family is Dave Draveky...the pitcher who lost him arm due to cancer. He was our neighbor and one of my first friends when we moved to Ytown.
His family is a machine shop family and we did business all the time.
He is a great story also. thanks.....Bill

Quick Reply: December 2009 b/s session and daily blog