The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Hi There, let me introduce myself.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:03 PM
DreadyDiggs
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi There, let me introduce myself.

I guess I'll use this thread to formally introduce myself.

Name's Roschell aka Dready aka DreadyDiggs, on the account of under those hats I got hair haha. We didn't kill a damn thang that day either.

I've had my truck a lil while now but she ain't running right yet. This ain't about the cars though, so if you want to read about those adventures look here, here, or here.

I'm 21, working at Merchants Tire & Auto and trying to start at Tidewater Community College's Regional Automotive Center. BEAUTIFUL place, should be fun. I guess I'm just using this to say hello, if you wanna know something feel free to ask. I'm liking this place so far, there's a lot of info to be search'd up. After the truck is done my girl would like an old 65 Mustang built for her. I'll see what I can do

Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 AM
DreadyDiggs
Senior User
I'd just like to say that my truck runs. And GOOD.

Cranked her up two days ago and drove a little. Idled up, bled the air from the radiator, and sure enough idled nicely and no smoke from the tailpipe when warm. I don't believe the idle is high (need a tach for my multimeter), so I'm thinking the cluster is off. I've gotta yank it anyways to fix a light out.

I've done a lot to this truck, and now it's ready to get the tiny things done so it can pass inspection. If you could've seen my face as I backed it out the yard and went down the road haha.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Dready Welcome to FTE! This is a great forum becasue of the people that are here. I am glad that you found your way into the NG forum it is slow from time to time but a great group of "youngins" though.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:02 PM
johnboggs21
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to the forum. Nice old half ton ya got there. Those I6 motors will run forever

Old 02-19-2010, 09:17 PM
DreadyDiggs
Senior User
Yep yep. I been on this forum since I bought the truck just about, but have been quiet while working on it. Didn't run into any problems so didn't need to say much. I'll probably just browse around not talking to much. I have plans for my truck (that include an amp and truck mount sub). Doesn't need tires now, has 31x10.50s on it. I work at Merchant's Tire and a guy ordered a set of 33x12.50 BFGs and decided he doesn't want them. Cost him $100 to ship them to the store and doesn't want to actually buy them.

Awesome looking tires, just way out my price range and I haven't looked to see what's the tallest we can go without having to lift these trucks.

Right now I plan to put in a sound system (all work done by muah), either a gun rack in the rear window or right below it bolted to the cab (just one rack for my shotgun), replace that rear window so I can get one that locks and seals shut, order a Superior Center cap off Ebay if they have mine (gotta take measurements), and maybe paint this summer if I play my cards right. Can't forget about my Supra so paint might have to wait haha. Wanna baby that this summer too.