Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Posting Guru

9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wrench light ? on a 05' 6.0

Another question about my great truck. I really do like it. Anyway, I was driving my 05' 6.0 and I went to pass someone and I went WOT and had to let up fast because someone in front of me slammed on there brakes, the boost was at 30 or 31 lbs. Anyway my truck's wrench light came on and the truck acted like it was in limp mode or something. I pulled off the road and turned it off and turned it back on and the truck ran fine. I just got the new flash and I know it supposed to throw the wrench light for certain things, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Maybe overboost becouse of the rapid let off?? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,Eric
Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
I would speculate overboost but you may want to pull codes I can offer somemore insite with that info.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.9228.bobcat has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was thinking overboost as well. Would that throw it into limp mode? What is classified as overboost? I plan on taking into the Ford shop tomorrow if they can get me in. Thanks cheezit. Oh yea, I pm'd you as well. Thanks again,Eric
Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9228.bobcat View Post
Another question about my great truck. I really do like it. Anyway, I was driving my 05' 6.0 and I went to pass someone and I went WOT and had to let up fast because someone in front of me slammed on there brakes, the boost was at 30 or 31 lbs. Anyway my truck's wrench light came on and the truck acted like it was in limp mode or something. I pulled off the road and turned it off and turned it back on and the truck ran fine. I just got the new flash and I know it supposed to throw the wrench light for certain things, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Maybe overboost becouse of the rapid let off?? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,Eric
Have you already tied in the ccv to the exhaust?
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Posting Guru

Not yet, but it is all ready to do in the morning. I am going to weld in my 45 degree angle tube with the 45 cut firsst and then I am going to crank it up and see if there is vacuum. I will let you know Mark. Any ideas on my wrench light? Hey by the way, you kind of
Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9228.bobcat View Post
Not yet, but it is all ready to do in the morning. I am going to weld in my 45 degree angle tube with the 45 cut firsst and then I am going to crank it up and see if there is vacuum. I will let you know Mark. Any ideas on my wrench light? Hey by the way, you kind of
oops ..........

(darnit - did it again)
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 12-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Post Fiend

I have never heard of an overboost throw it into a limp mode. temperatures can. Cheezit has you covered w/ getting the codes first!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Posting Guru

I am waiting Mark. Got my first opinion from cheezit. It's a good one, now I am looking for the second opinion from the professor.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Post Fiend

You weren't going over 95 were you ??!!??!!

Defuel at 221 *F ECT (coolant temperature)
Defuel at 253 *F EOT (oil temperature)
Defuel at 4000 rpm's
Defuel at 95 mph
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Posting Guru

No I don't think so. Maybe 85 or 90. But it is possible I guess. The tires I am running are 325-65/18. I think it throws my mileage off about 2 or 3. I Don't think I was though. There was no smoke and my egt's was about 1000.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Senior User

jasontrucks76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think the latest flash will throw a wrench code for a low voltage condition...... Could that possibly be the problem?

Just a thought.
New oil cooler
Updated STC fitting
4" 409 SS turbo back exhaust, EGT & Fuel gauges
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
heheh the latist recal I think has overboost codes as head gasket protection. im JUst to lazy to verify that my self right now.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Posting Guru

Hey Jason and cheezit, I think here are some things that the new flash does for the 05'

2005 F-Super Duty 6.0L:

False DTC P0470 - Exhaust pressure sensor A circuit fault due to a freezing condition.
False DTC P0404 - Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) performance due to a stuck turbocharger condition.
Cooling loss protection - Revised engine protection strategy when an engine over-temperature condition is present. Vehicles updated with this service calibration will display higher temperature gauge readings when high engine oil temperature (EOT) conditions or high engine coolant temperature (ECT) are encountered and may disable EGR operation to prevent possible EGR cooler damage.
Oil cooler efficiency monitor - DTC P012F stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when the oil coolers efficiency drops below a specified threshold for a given speed and vehicle load condition.
Turbocharger vane sweep strategy - Performs a sweep of the turbocharger vanes and unison ring during stationary idle conditions. Vane sweep can occur once per hour to help reduce turbocharger sticking.
FICM low voltage detection monitor - DTC P0560 stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when PCM vehicle power (VPWR) parameter identifier (PIDS) is below 10.25V for 60 seconds or below 9V for 4 seconds.
Turbocharger over boost detection - DTC P0234 stored and wrench warning lamp illuminated when a turbocharger over boost condition occurs.

I guess the question would be if it would go into limp mode if it did overboost? Cheezit we can't have you being lazy by the way.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
heheh the latist recal I think has overboost codes as head gasket protection. im JUst to lazy to verify that my self right now.
But I do not think it throws it into any "limp mode".
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Posting Guru

I don't know if it does or doesn't. You know bismic, the last time I did a reflash I had to do a vgt relearn. It kind of seems similar to the way it is acting. When he flashed it last week I asked him if I need to do the vgt relearn and he said no. I didn't think you had to do that on the 05'. Maybe I am wrong. Your thoughts?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
08, 2005, 60, cheez, cut, dash, diesel, f150, f250, ford, light, overboost, powerstroke, truck, wrench