cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As little as I can get away with.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:39 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been busy here! I have been trying to get a lawn mower rebuilt for my dad for Christmas, that has been taking up pretty much all the free time I have.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Beating the bushes trying to find some work. Things aren't getting ugly, but they could be allot better. Maybe Santa will bring me a job offer from one of the places I've been beating on the door. I wouldn't complain if he sent parts for the Pavement Princess though

Old 12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
jimkidd
Elder User
trying to figure out what happened.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:31 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Beating the bushes trying to find some work. Things aren't getting ugly, but they could be allot better. Maybe Santa will bring me a job offer from one of the places I've been beating on the door. I wouldn't complain if he sent parts for the Pavement Princess though
What do you do for a living?

I guess Santa is bringing me more computer goodies, I'm a sucker for those. Can't have too many hard drives.

I still have mods for my truck I just haven't got around to doing, pyro and triple pillar. Plus I still need to pull the turbo, it's just so stinkin cold.

Although if Santa left me a wicked wheel in my stocking I wouldn't complain.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:06 PM
lwfox002
Elder User
Waiting for my truck to get out of the body shop. Wrecked it, $11,400 worth hitting a light pole. Don't ask how, it's not pretty. Almost ready.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:08 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lwfox002
Waiting for my truck to get out of the body shop. Wrecked it, $11,400 worth hitting a light pole. Don't ask how, it's not pretty. Almost ready.
over 11 Grand!!

Those tires just couldn't keep that 6.0 on the ground, huh?

I'm hoping your insurance covered you.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
What do you do for a living?
Locomotive engineer, it's been a rough year for railroaders in general...guys with 7-8 years seniority have been laid off since Janurary/Feburary; I made it to June before it got me.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Locomotive engineer, it's been a rough year for railroaders in general...guys with 7-8 years seniority have been laid off since Janurary/Feburary; I made it to June before it got me.
Both of my brother-in-laws work at UP, they've been sweatin it, but so far have been lucky.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
lwfox002
Elder User
Originally Posted by tojoski
over 11 Grand!!

Those tires just couldn't keep that 6.0 on the ground, huh?

I'm hoping your insurance covered you.

Insurance is covering everything less a $250 deductible. I wasn't even going 10 mph. just hit solid. Those light poles set on concrete bases 3' tall don't give, any.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Man I'll tell ya what......Cabot tire and off road completely rocks. Went to rotate the tires on the old lady's Navigator Saturday and found a big chunk of tread missing from one of the firebombs.....cords showing and everything. Called everyplace in the book trying to find a 265/70R-17 for less than $200 per. Closets I came was some no name junk at pup boys for $160.

Monday morning rolls around and I call over to Cabot tire......"no problem" he says. "I can put you in a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers for $135 installed. Don't know how many of you have experience with this tire.....but since I bought my first set it my first choice always and forever more. Best all terrain tire in existence IMO.

Just thought I'd share.....I was totally bummed about having to spend $800 on tires the week before Christmas. Now I'm fairly stoked that I only had to spend $500 and change, and got the exact tire I wanted to boot.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cookie88
Man I'll tell ya what......Cabot tire and off road completely rocks. Went to rotate the tires on the old lady's Navigator Saturday and found a big chunk of tread missing from one of the firebombs.....cords showing and everything.
As much as I hate Wally World...I buy the tires for my rigs at Sam's. I can get the tires rotated at any Sam's; and can get flats fixed at any Wally World or Sam's. The road hazard package includes the rotation & balance every 5k miles. Like I said, I hate WM and their tactics...but for me the tires are a no-brainier for me (spend allot of time on the road in different towns/states)

Old 12-22-2009, 06:11 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I remember pricing the nittos when i bought tires for the 250, but I think they didn't have an E rated in 285's

Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Been spending most of my free time at Moro Bay. Since Donna passed I have decided to finish my Dad's old camp and move in. When he started a remodel in 95, we didn't know what shape the place was in. My Dad pretty much walked away from it when my Grampa died in 97and I am now trying to pick up the pieces. The old fellow that built it wasn't a carpenter, electrician or plumber, but he put things together anyway. Also, the house was originally built as a houseboat, floating on the water, so nothing is level or plumb. More or less a novice carpenter's nightmare. I have spent a lot of time trying to make things straight and just building around others. Me and a buddy are supposed to start on a total rewire tomorrow if the rain holds off, it is a 3/4 mile boat ride in. Hopefully I can make a nice placed out of it. If things go as planned, I hope to finish most of the house, get the front deck built and then invite you guys down for a housewarming party, Hmmm.... on other thoughts, maybe I could make that a nail bending party
Since I will need dependable marine transportation, I decided to bite the bullet and buy that aluminum bass boat that I always wanted. Not a new one, but nice anyway.
Here's a link to a few pics of my future castle, don't laugh too hard. Picasa Web Albums - Jeff - Moro Bay

Quick Reply: December Chat / All Topic Thread